Author Topic: Robot type vehicles  (Read 1803 times)

Offline NUNU

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Robot type vehicles
« on: May 15, 2007, 07:33:15 PM »
I am NUNU, an amateur tarnslator of Japan.

I want to more robot type vehicles like Gravwalker(p96 in Beta) and to making rule of vehicle type robots.
 In addition, I think it needs additional rule of the vehicle combat(p165 in Beta) for Pilots and Gunners.

In Japan, a majority of robots in SF are vehicle type robots that can be controlled by human type characters like Mechs of the Mechwarrior.

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: Robot type vehicles
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 08:20:44 AM »
I am NUNU, an amateur tarnslator of Japan.

I want to more robot type vehicles like Gravwalker(p96 in Beta) and to making rule of vehicle type robots.
 In addition, I think it needs additional rule of the vehicle combat(p165 in Beta) for Pilots and Gunners.

In Japan, a majority of robots in SF are vehicle type robots that can be controlled by human type characters like Mechs of the Mechwarrior.

Vehicle creation rules are scheduled for the SysOp's Guide book. I'm unclear as to why more rules are needed for vehicle combat for mecha robots though.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline NUNU

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 10:45:11 AM »
I think the rule should have powered armor(human size mecha robot) and vehicle type robot(vehicle size mecha robot).

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 02:52:16 PM »
NUNU - - the setting that is included in the book does not support such type of robots/vehicles. However, the SysOps Guide (the GM book for HARP SF) is likely to include such for those GMs who want to utilize other settings where such thing are more appropriate.

Additionally, Nick is also saying that the current Vehicular Combat Rules should work perfectly well for such robots/vehicles without any problems.