Author Topic: Director's Briefing - March 2023  (Read 1033 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Director's Briefing - March 2023
« on: March 22, 2023, 10:20:52 AM »
Welcome

To the one hundred-and-fortieth Briefing and third scheduled Briefing of 2023.

RMU

First off, an updated version of Core Law has been released and we hope that you have found the updated version a helpful and useful improvement. I know many of you have set your communication preferences such that you receive email messages of updates from publishers, and so I trust you will have downloaded the new updated version. For those who have not done so, this is a heads up to get a fresh copy – and do consider setting your communications preferences to receive update messages. Publishers cannot see your email addresses through this mechanism and we don’t abuse it.

The other big piece of news for Core Law is that the print masters for both softcover and hardcover have been uploaded into DriveThru. Both versions have survived the DriveThru validation checks and have made it to Lightning Source for their checks. We are still waiting on whether we have passed these checks. Once the word is given, we will make them available and Colin will be publicising how to get appropriate discounts.

The next big piece of news is the second volume of Rolemaster Unified, namely Spell Law, is now ready for pdf release!

Rolemaster Spell Law (RMU) contains the complete set of Open, Closed and Evil spell lists as well as all the profession spell lists for all of the professions introduced in Core Law. All spell lists are complete for first to twentieth levels, and epic spells for 25th, 30th, 35th, 40th and 50th levels. In addition, Spell Law contains the rules for magic, spell casting, and learning new spells through research. Ritual magic is presented as an alternative mechanism of achieving magical effects. Finally Spell Law provides comprehensive explanations on how to handle the more complex areas of magical effects such as portents, healing, summoning, illusions, invisibility and more.

ERA for Rolemaster

A series of updates have been made by Max to the ERA datasets. Most notably are additions to the Shadow World datasets to include the NPCs from Shadow World Powers of Light and Darkness and some additional attack and critical tables, plus some amendments to the Rolemaster Companion I.

HARP

No, we have not forgotten HARP, and in particular, I am very mindful that we have HARP Subterfuge to get to print (and I know some folks have been asking about this on DriveThru and on the forums). I am on the case of checking through the proposed corrections to this sourcebook, so we will have an updated pdf and then get a set of print masters into DriveThru.

Until next time
Please stay safe and keep gaming.
Best wishes,
Nicholas

Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline steve.gray

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Director's Briefing - March 2023
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 11:25:55 PM »
Is there an ETA for ERA for Role master Spell Law RMU.  Assuming it will be available soon now RMU Spell Law is released? I picked up a copy of RMU spell Law PDF,  Like the changes in RMU for learning spells and Base casting without needing lots of preparation is more what my players are used to from other games.

Offline 5th Knight of Xar

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Director's Briefing - March 2023
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2023, 03:47:35 PM »
Is there an ETA for ERA for Role master Spell Law RMU.  Assuming it will be available soon now RMU Spell Law is released? I picked up a copy of RMU spell Law PDF,  Like the changes in RMU for learning spells and Base casting without needing lots of preparation is more what my players are used to from other games.

It's out now:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/m/product/433090