Author Topic: Is this the best place to find a game?  (Read 981 times)

Offline stuming

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Is this the best place to find a game?
« on: April 12, 2023, 08:01:49 AM »
Hi

Myself and a friend would like to join a UK based game, hopefully RMC but would also be interested in RMU. We can commit to play every couple of weeks initially. We’re both “old” and have played the classics at one time or another: Rolemaster, Cthulhu, AD&D etc. and then moved to PC / console gaming and are looking to get back into the swing of things.

Is this the best place to ask / look? Are there other forums I should check out? I wondered if Dicebreaker had a discord but I can’t find one.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Stuart

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Is this the best place to find a game?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2023, 02:56:32 PM »
Definitely check the ICE Discord servers. I'm not sure if it's the best place, but it is a good place if you are looking.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Hey you kids! Get out of my dungeon!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2023, 04:31:30 PM »
I've posted here, the ICE Discord, and meetup.com. Dunno if the UK has that last.
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out... Traditional Somatic Components
Oo Ee Oo Aa Aa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang... Traditional Verbal Components
Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog, Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog... Traditional Potion Formula

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Hey you kids! Get out of my dungeon!
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2023, 09:14:46 AM »
In my recent one-shot, meetup.com did the best at finding interested people.

Here, in 12 days, I got over 100 views of my posted game.... and zero responses.

Your mileage may vary.
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out... Traditional Somatic Components
Oo Ee Oo Aa Aa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang... Traditional Verbal Components
Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog, Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog... Traditional Potion Formula