Forum > Cyradon

Naguzi and Tough Hide - a Big Mistake?

<< < (2/5) > >>

asdohol:
I wonder if he will take skins from others.  I could do with a new cloak, what species are you yammahoper so I know what bonuses I get.

Rasyr, I was just trying to elaborate on what jason had said and you're posts will be helpful, very,  ;D

--- Quote ---Also, as I was attempting to explain, the Nagazi are intelligent, they will realize that they when they have to don armor it is to protect vital spots more than anything else. They know that their skin is tougher than most of the other races that they will encounter.
--- End quote ---

so given this statement Nagazi hide and partial armour will stack or should, yes?

We Nagazi are just going to have to prove that we are trustworthy as oppossed to those pointy eared, self centred things  ;D

Rasyr-Mjolnir:
Yes, the armor stacks...

Note that only the pointy eared woodsy things that came with the round eared thingys are considered trustworthy by the round-eared things.

The pointy eared, self centered things native to Cyradon are trusted much less than the Nagazi are....

asdohol:
For the Nagazi any pointed ear thingy is untrustworthy, for that matter so might the round eared thingys ;D

Just out of curiosity if a char wore 3 suits of hard leather each fitted one over the other, would that be three separate armour skills (each suit would be of a slightly increasing size) or can u get away with one skill. And yes I am aware that all penalties will stack.

Think of it, 10 suits of soft leather, no MP, 200db, just forget about spellcasting ;D

NOW THAT'S MIN/MAX

janpmueller:

--- Quote ---10 suits of soft leather, no MP, 200db - NOW THAT'S MIN/MAX
--- End quote ---
Yeah, no Maneuver Penalty, but probably in the same way a rock has no MP.
Mr 10 soft leather: "Allright, I do nothing and just sit here"
GM: "Okay, medium maneuver, no penalty"

:)

Jan

jasonbrisbane:
Hello,

Thanks Rasyr! We will discuss the answers in my next game.
FYI: Asdohol is a player in my game - I've bought him every book (with my CC) in hardcover (he's chomping at the bit for those) and most in soft-cover. Oh, and the Limited editon too....  :D

The three or ten suits of soft leather and armour stacking was discussed as  a furthering of trying to understand the Nagazi / leather / spells thing. Mostly I think they are trying to understand the rules as they wil all be GM'ing when my first child is born in 3 weeks - taking turns in one offs or short campaigns, etc - I wanted to introduce them to Cyradon first to get the feel of the setting. (Mid way through Adventure one).
The System they are familiar with as I used HARP for my other campaign.

My understanding from Martial Law was that the "armour mods" was because the Physical armour is harder to penetrate with weapons and so the wearer will take physically less damage. Thus no armour increases the damage on the crit table and plate reduces the damage as per the crit table. Is this a wrong assumption?

As I see it, the spell steelskin/stoneskin hardens your skin physically (albeit for a limited time), the same way  the Tough Hide (Minor) does. So it wont stack with the same bonus but could be treated as having soft leather armour, not No armour... And all while your not actually wearing any armour at all.

Can you please help me understand how the crit modifications work so I can *explain it to my players??

NB: * = rub it in my players faces - "so there!"

(Sorry Asdohol!)

Regards,
Jason Brisbane
HARP GM needing more help than I thought...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version