Forum > HARP SF

Pulse Rifle?

(1/1)

lazarus:
One of my favourite "sci-fi" guns ever is the Pulse Rifle as seen in Aliens (and the concept as used elsewhere - see Half-Life 2, Halo, and others).  That is: assault rifle, with short but accurate burst fire mode (sometimes using energy shots rather than bullets).  What's the best way to model something like this in HARP SF?  I'm thinking an Assault Rifle is a good base (and probably is right for the Aliens M41A), but how balanced is an Assault Rifle with a Med. Laser/Plasma (depending on style) gun?

Laz

NicholasHMCaldwell:

--- Quote from: lazarus on March 31, 2007, 01:22:19 AM ---One of my favourite "sci-fi" guns ever is the Pulse Rifle as seen in Aliens (and the concept as used elsewhere - see Half-Life 2, Halo, and others).  That is: assault rifle, with short but accurate burst fire mode (sometimes using energy shots rather than bullets).  What's the best way to model something like this in HARP SF?  I'm thinking an Assault Rifle is a good base (and probably is right for the Aliens M41A), but how balanced is an Assault Rifle with a Med. Laser/Plasma (depending on style) gun?

Laz

--- End quote ---

The Laser Rifle would probably be a reliable energy weapon equivalent. The Flame Repeater could also work but has a relatively high fumble range.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version