Forum > HARP SF

SysOp's Guidelines - Feedback

(1/1)

Mungo:
Hi,

Here my comments regarding the System Operator's Guidelines:

- I like the tips at the beginning.
- I would put everything from the Adventuring chapter that does not fit somewhere else (Combat) in here.
- I would move the language and knowledge tables into the skills chapter
- I suggest to remove the section on difficulty of goals. I would simply give a range per goal type and say that the actual value depends on .... Not more.
- I was waiting for the "Conflict in Tintamar" part for the whole book. It seems to be very late or the distance to the Tintamar chapter is too great. Actually I would move the Tintamar chapter backwards.
- The adventure hooks are good, but in my opinion not enough. I suggest to spend more space on this and generate adventure plots like Defendi did in the last SM Datanets.
- I am actually missing a ship that the players can use as their own. The ones in the vehicles chapter do not seem suitable to me (with the exception of the Scout, but I think this already requires more crew than the average party has members).

BR
Juergen

NicholasHMCaldwell:

--- Quote from: Mungo on March 21, 2007, 06:55:38 AM ---- I would put everything from the Adventuring chapter that does not fit somewhere else (Combat) in here.
- I would move the language and knowledge tables into the skills chapter

--- End quote ---

I could see the value of moving the language and knowledge tables into the skills or the adventuring chapters. However, I'm unconvinced by the idea of moving Adventuring chapter into a chapter specifically aimed at SysOps. I can easily imagine players having the need to look up information in the adventuring chapter, but i would not want to encourage them into a SysOp chapter, particularly if there were full-blown plots in there.

--- Quote ---- I suggest to remove the section on difficulty of goals. I would simply give a range per goal type and say that the actual value depends on .... Not more.

--- End quote ---

Actual play and feedback on these forums suggests that GMs in HARP Fantasy need this information to handle this aspect of the game.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version