Author Topic: Rolemaster Black Ops Boot Camp help  (Read 1349 times)

Offline gandalf970

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Rolemaster Black Ops Boot Camp help
« on: October 12, 2015, 08:52:50 PM »
I am running a solo campaign for a long time gamer. I am going with a 1960 early Vietnam era campaign with him eventually becoming a Special Forces operative.  I thought it would be fun for him in the early sessions to run through boot camp, air assault, infantry school and then airborne.

Besides just being a bunch of rolls I want to run some scenes for him.

I am a veteran and know many of the things that could happen. 
Fear of the DI, helping a fellow soldier, fights, falling out of runs etc.  I am requesting aid from my fellow GMS.  Please list a few scenes that you would find interesting that I can add to boot camp, infantry school, air assault or airborne school.

Thanks in advnace.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Rolemaster Black Ops Boot Camp help
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 01:38:52 AM »
I was not in the military but a few that might be in a game I would run would be;
(note almost any could be done at beginning of training 1 rank to middle of training say ranks 5-10 and advanced 11-15 times so the players gets the idea of just what has changed. You can also add obstacles to over come at various stages)

Hand to hand combat training (at boot, maybe AIT, and then special forces) you can also have different types/styles of HtH vs each other and show case the advantages of each.
Heavy Weapons training (firearms/rockets/morters/cannon etc)
Survival training (different environment(s), SEER (I think it is called))
Maybe training in heavy vehicles and or aircraft with mock combats
Unit tactics with him being the unit leader and deciding where his unit or a group of units go.
Medical Training

You might also check out Some of the other Special Forces RPG material to see what they have. If you are interested in some that I think might be helpful send me a PM and I can give those names.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.