Forum > General Discussion

Rolemaster Fiction

(1/7) > >>

Vladimir:
  Other than the usual fluff in sourcebooks, is there any?
  Is there fanfiction?
  I've played games with hundreds of published novels and literally thousands of stories of varying quality, most based upon gameplay.
I used to keep logs of sessions when I GMed, if just to remind the players of the choices they previously made.

I'm sure many of you have plenty of stories worth reading.

Grinnen Baeritt:
Have to admit I used to run play-by forum games, that due to it's often complex combat sequencing,  I found easier to narrate ALL the combatants actions in a single post, in a round to round fashion, after all the players had made their rolls. That lead to some quite amusing reading.

Now, I often do "Catch-up" posts, not only for players who might have missed a session... but also to remind ME what happened. After all, my Grey cells are just getting greyer. 

Hurin:
There's also Terry's The Loremaster Legacy novel.

Cory Magel:
I've got ideas rolling around, but I'd need the free time (i.e. retire or win the lottery) to put them to 'paper' so to speak.

If you read the initial one page short story in the Channeling Companion there exist rough backgrounds of most the named characters, even if most are only mentioned in passing.  Some day hopefully I'll have the time to truly work on the setting for public consumption.

Wolfwood:
Back in my 20s, I ran a campaign that I "storified" after the sessions, basically writing the story out and embellishing it with details that we could not engage in during the play-through. I think I still have the bits somewhere on my HD, but I'm afraid to look at them as even the stories that I wrote a few years later are pretty awful in retrospect. Way too clogged-down with detail, really, at the expense of action. I even embellished my players' 1 or 2 page backstories into 30-40 page novellas... :P

Still, I think it would be a great way to keep the story recorded and accessible to even those who are not part of the game (if the focus is kept on story and the system-specific details are left out - I don't quite get those types of books...).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version