Forum > Rome

Original RM compatible

(1/2) > >>

Grimboldfrood:
Does anyone know how compatible Rome is with original RM? (I know - very old school!) I was speaking to someone at a show recently and they thought that it wasn't particularly compatible. From memory, he mentioned there were a large number of training packages in the Rome supplement and spell development costs were low.

Any views before I decide to buy?

Thanks in advance

markc:
 I do not own RM Rome myself but I did get a chance to look at a friends copy and IIRC it is RM and RMC based. So you should have no problem using it.
MDC

Erik Sharma:

--- Quote from: Grimboldfrood on September 19, 2012, 11:49:10 AM ---Does anyone know how compatible Rome is with original RM? (I know - very old school!) I was speaking to someone at a show recently and they thought that it wasn't particularly compatible. From memory, he mentioned there were a large number of training packages in the Rome supplement and spell development costs were low.

Any views before I decide to buy?

Thanks in advance

--- End quote ---

I haven't given RM Rome a proper read through yet since we opted to use BRP Rome instead. But the book is for Rolemaster Classic. Rolemaster Classic is essentially a reprint of Rolemaster 2 so I don't really see why there should be any problems using it for older editions of Rolemaster.

Grimboldfrood:
Thanks for the feedback. I'll think about buying a copy of Rome - once I have finished browsing all the other options.

Someone else mentioned BRP Rome. Do you need to have the BRP rules as well, or is it a complete package?

bottg:

--- Quote from: markc on September 19, 2012, 12:29:44 PM --- I do not own RM Rome myself but I did get a chance to look at a friends copy and IIRC it is RM and RMC based. So you should have no problem using it.
MDC

--- End quote ---

It will work with RM2 with no problems.  There are training packages, but they are there as much to give a "life path" feel to characters as anything else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version