Forum > Fantasy Grounds Rulesets for ICE

Importing Character sheets (Rolemaster Office)

<< < (3/4) > >>

Hurin:

--- Quote from: Boromir on August 31, 2021, 01:58:59 AM ---The approval process for Downloads seems to be "offline" - there has not been a file approved since January 2020 from the "Recent Downloads" page.  From Colin's comments elsewhere in the forum, an alternative process is in the works.

--- End quote ---

I didnt know it had been that long. Thx for the update!

Kiesnowski:
Danikin i sent you an email tonight with some files generated by the program for your evaluation.  Lev me know if you get them.  Hope it helps with your evaluation.

Dakadin:
I just replied to your email but to keep everyone else informed below is what I sent:

I looked at the files and while it might be possible, it would be a ton of work to do a conversion for it.  The save files are actually like XML files so that part would work well for doing the conversion.  The issue is RM Office stores quite a bit of the information just using ID numbers for the items.  So here is what a skill looks like:

--- Code: ---  <skillRanks>
    <entry>
      <int>64</int>
      <rank>
        <id>64</id>
        <rank>4</rank>
        <favorite>true</favorite>
      </rank>
    </entry>
--- End code ---

The issue is it really doesn’t have all the information that you would need and you would have to have a way to convert the IDs to the actual skill name.  I did find the file that has the ID numbers.  The site has a locale.properties file that you can download that has all the IDs and some other information in it.  Here is a section that includes the skill in the example above:

--- Code: ---skill.63=Languages
skill.64=Body Development
skill.65=Ventriloquism
--- End code ---

So that would tell us that the skill is Body Development and the character has 4 ranks in it.  Then because it is Body Development, you would need to track down the race ID:

--- Code: ---  <raceId>34</raceId>
--- End code ---

This becomes a problem because the file doesn’t have any IDs for the races that I could find.  I know by looking at the PDF that it is a High Man but it is listed as this:

--- Code: ---race.base.man.high=Man, High
--- End code ---

It isn’t the 34th entry so that is telling me the program is using some internal numbering.  It would be possible to track all those down but then you hit other issues like the Body Development progression isn’t stored anywhere that I could find.

Basically, it looks like it would be easier to use the program to create characters and just manually enter the information form the PDF.  Sorry to provide you with the bad news.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

jdale:
Is there an import format that *would* work? For a character generation tool or spreadsheet, creating an export in some arbitrary format is not too hard if the desired format is known.

Dakadin:
If it is in Excel, I could write a VBA script to export the characters in an XML format that could be imported into FG. 

If you have FG, you can always export a character to see the XML format.  Please let me know if you want me to post a sample.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version