Forum > Fantasy Grounds Rulesets for ICE

RMC v2.1.5

<< < (3/3)

Siltoneous:

--- Quote from: pantsorama on June 25, 2020, 08:30:33 AM ---Yes - that.  Maybe someday I will tackle Fantasy Grounds, but not today.

--- End quote ---
FoundryVTT would be a good one too.  IIRC, it uses straight HTML and Javascript for all interfaces and actions.  Even better, it's a One Time Purchase instead of a sub.

My only concern is how they handle IP related ruleset issues.  FWIU every "ruleset" on FoundryVTT has to have explicit approval from the originating company.  I.e. WFRP 4th FoundryVTT modules have the explicit OK from Cubical 7.  Of course (as we all know) licenses can disappear (The One Ring anyone?).

I know it galls some, but at least with Roll20 and Fantasy Grounds (and some others I'm sure), the RPG companies can get direct monetary remuneration for the use of their products as well as reap ancillary sales (books/pdfs/etc...). Hate to see the RPG market head to a place where music is now; musicians aren't making crap because live performances (where they made all their money) is deader than last years fallen leaves.

pantsorama:

--- Quote from: Siltoneous on June 25, 2020, 12:57:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: pantsorama on June 25, 2020, 08:30:33 AM ---Yes - that.  Maybe someday I will tackle Fantasy Grounds, but not today.

--- End quote ---
FoundryVTT would be a good one too.  IIRC, it uses straight HTML and Javascript for all interfaces and actions.  Even better, it's a One Time Purchase instead of a sub.

My only concern is how they handle IP related ruleset issues.  FWIU every "ruleset" on FoundryVTT has to have explicit approval from the originating company.  I.e. WFRP 4th FoundryVTT modules have the explicit OK from Cubical 7.  Of course (as we all know) licenses can disappear (The One Ring anyone?).

I know it galls some, but at least with Roll20 and Fantasy Grounds (and some others I'm sure), the RPG companies can get direct monetary remuneration for the use of their products as well as reap ancillary sales (books/pdfs/etc...). Hate to see the RPG market head to a place where music is now; musicians aren't making crap because live performances (where they made all their money) is deader than last years fallen leaves.

--- End quote ---

Fantasy Grounds is also a one time purchase (or you can sub, but it doesn't take long before that doesn't make sense).

Just learning a new table top system is a PITA - Let alone learning to develop a new "ruleset".  Hopefully there is a foundry VTT person out there who can get this up and running.    Now I want to check them out.

Dakadin:
Foundry looks pretty good but it would take way to long to get it up to the level of functionality that I've already developed in FG so it just doesn't make sense to me to switch for RM.  If I tried to play something else then I might consider it.

Micael:
Hi Dakadin,

I wanted to install the RMC ruleset on FGU, bought it in the Forge but then nothing more happened? Do I have to download/copy it to FGU directory or what? I updated FGU a few times, but only the core RPG ruleset is there and no RMC inside?
By the way can you give me a quick comparison between ERA and FGU with RMC2? I want a Shadowworld campaign and own all ERA files. But with ERA there is no mapping possible and I want RMSS as base of my campaign.

Thanks
Micael

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version