Forum > Fantasy Grounds Rulesets for ICE

Level of FG to mod rules?

(1/2) > >>

Justin:
What level of membership/ownership does it take to modify the rules? I'm guessing it takes the full level.

Asterionaisien:
If you mean to be able to create a .mod file , you just need a standard license.  If you want to create a brand new ruleset, you need knowledge of LUA programming language and a standard license. The ultimate license just mean you arent limited in how many free players connect, not anything else.
If you need other details, feel free to ask :)

Majyk:
PS:
Welcome and success to you!

Asterionaisien:
I forgot to add in my previous post that now is possible to create rulesets or modules indipendently from anything else, due to the fact fantasy grounds has a framework called CoreRpg. Many of the latest additions to FG rulesets are built only on CoreRpg, but my guess is one still need some programming knowledge..
Thus said, I just bought RMC rulestes, and it seems pretty efficient, so my guess the best way should be to start from there:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?66-CoreRPG-(Generic-Ruleset)-And-Other-Game-Systems
Fantasy Ground community is pretty friendly and helpful, so ask and I'm sure someone will help you... (I'd like a Harp ruleset pretty much, you noticed,huh?:D)

Justin:
I am a programmer professionally, though not in LUA or anything modern even actually  :)  But I am familiar with the big boys(Java, C++). I am considering getting a head start on the RMU ruleset.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version