Author Topic: Adding Talents to RMU  (Read 481 times)

Offline rdanhenry

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • This sentence is false.
Adding Talents to RMU
« on: July 13, 2023, 11:05:37 PM »
I am trying to stat out my desert elves for RMU and I find that I need a couple of non-standard talents. Adapted to the desert, they are capable of handling high temperatures (but are as burnable as anyone else when subjected to fire) and can endure without water longer than most humanoids. So, I'm sharing them (a) because someone else might find them useful and (b) because I welcome feedback regarding wording and cost.

Heat Tolerant: Those with this talent can handle higher temperatures than others. If the temperature is higher than the optimal temperature range, treat the temperature as 10 degrees Fahrenheit (or 5 degrees Celsius) per tier lower when determining the effect of this heat on the individual with this talent. 1 DP/Tier

Drought Resistant: Those with this talent can go without water longer than usual. For each tier in this talent, one day without water since the last time drinking one's fill (or being on regular ration for at least three days) is not counted as time without water. Similarly, two days of half rations of water may be ignored. 2 DP/Tier
Rolemaster: When you absolutely, positively need to have a chance of tripping over an imaginary dead turtle.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Adding Talents to RMU
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2023, 09:24:54 AM »
They seem reasonable.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline tbigness

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Adding Talents to RMU
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2023, 12:42:07 PM »
The first could be applied to multiple types of Humaniods in different Bioms.

I would suggest as Environmental Tolerance with Heat, Cold, Elevation and Deep Water for the subjects to round things out. Heat for the Dessert Dwellers, Cold for the Arctic  Dwellers, Elevation for the Upper Mountain/Avian Dwellers and Deep Water for the Ocean/Deep Water Dwellers. I think that it should be 3 DP/Tier as 1 per Tier is just too low.

Drought Resistance is low DP for what it entails and should have a limit of 2-3 Tiers unless you are a Camel of course.
Knowledge is unimagined Power