Author Topic: Detailed maps of Kulthea  (Read 1172 times)

Offline EvilWilliam

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Detailed maps of Kulthea
« on: October 09, 2022, 11:22:59 AM »
Over on the RM FB page:

"Ferenc Mikael Mansen

Hi. You can now download some of the maps of Shadow World for free.
OBS: They are NOT behind any pay wall. This is my way of honor the crator for all wonderful years he gave us all.
You can get to the files in 2 different ways.
go to my FB page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/2198307846888743
Go to the patron page and search for "shadow world"
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=31775885
I will update info on the maps on my facebookpage, so be sure to check in on that from time to time.
i probably have a 10-15 maps so far. Not all is up yet."

Offline MisterK

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Detailed maps of Kulthea
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2022, 12:14:19 PM »
Highjacking the thread (but it's on the same topic, so...)

I have uploaded two new files on my GDrive public folder. They are paint.net files (paint.net is a free drawing software that provides layers, among other things).
- jaiman-geography
- jaiman-political
They are multi-layer maps of Jaiman. The political map is focused on Rhakhaan because this is my current need, but can be completed/adapted at will.
Both are obviously *my* take of Rhakhaan and Jaiman, but I believe that they can be useful, either "as is" or as a foundation for a different vision of the continent.

URL for the GDrive public folder : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VeDfDbuYhcX8RjRRJZYOFUG6DMsICtz2

Use at will.

As soon as I've kicked myself in the butt to scan all the parts of my Emer map, I plan to do at least a geographical layered map as well.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2022, 09:42:09 PM »
Thanks for the link. What app would you suggest for opening a .pdn file, Misterk?
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline MisterK

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2022, 11:45:09 PM »
Thanks for the link. What app would you suggest for opening a .pdn file, Misterk?
Those are paint.net files, as I indicated above :)

Type "download paint.net" in Google, you should get several links. Use the one you trust most :)

Offline terefang

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2022, 06:56:55 AM »
hello

paint.net is for windows only, is there a program for linux that can open those files ?
I'd swallow cthulhu whole, with sushi and soy-sauce.

Currently: [BME] [FitD]
Legacy: [d6] [Genesys] [ArsMagicka] [MERP] [HARP] [Ubiquity] [d20] [WoD] [SR] [WHFRP] [WOIN/O.L.D.] [RM2/C]

Offline MisterK

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2022, 10:29:59 AM »
hello

paint.net is for windows only, is there a program for linux that can open those files ?
Apparently, https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/117707-opening-pdn-without-paintnet-mac-ios-linux-android/ can (Photopea).

No guarantee or anything, I never tried it. But the thread seems to indicate that the software can open the files with layers still accessible, and there might be an option to save in another format that preserves the layering.

Offline terefang

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2022, 11:29:18 AM »
i have photopea and it hangs up.

can you save it as PNG ?
I'd swallow cthulhu whole, with sushi and soy-sauce.

Currently: [BME] [FitD]
Legacy: [d6] [Genesys] [ArsMagicka] [MERP] [HARP] [Ubiquity] [d20] [WoD] [SR] [WHFRP] [WOIN/O.L.D.] [RM2/C]

Offline MisterK

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2022, 12:13:59 PM »
i have photopea and it hangs up.

can you save it as PNG ?
I can, but it flattens the maps, so you won't get the layers and you won't be able to rework each layer as you see fit for your own game.

I added the flattened geography map to the GDrive. It's a .png file called Jaiman-geography - flat.png

Edit : apparently, other programs such as Lazpaint can open .pdn files and run on Linux. Once again, not tested.