Author Topic: Late Sunday Evening Group in Milan, MI?  (Read 3820 times)

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Late Sunday Evening Group in Milan, MI?
« on: April 30, 2010, 07:54:40 AM »
I'm posting this to replace http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?topic=8541.0, because of changes to my work schedule and reconsideration of how much space there is in my apartment (almost entirely based on the size of my kitchen table when it's fully expanded). Because of my weekend work schedule, the earliest reasonable time to start on a Sunday that I work would be 8:00p.m. This can be lowered on the Sundays I don't work.

I still think that six other people is a reasonable occupancy cap, though it will require some creativity with seating in the living room. The group could be weekly or bi-weekly, depending on preferences . . . bi-weekly tends to work a little better for me. As I said in the original topic, I do have a cat, so cat allergies will need to be manageable. You might want to bring some clean slippers: my cat likes to attack toes and he has all his claws.

Unfortunately, my apartment is not at all disability friendly: there's just a stairway that leads to a hall, with my apartment being the first door and my neighbor's being the second. Oh, and that stairway starts leaning to the right about half way up. Parking, on the other hand, is generous in availability and hours, one of the public lots is directly across the street from me.

While I do have some ideas of adventures I'd like to run, I'll just give the list of games I have at my apartment:
Alternity
CORPS (PDF)
D&D3.0 and the PHB for 3.5 (Diomin and Forbidden Kingdoms settings by OtherWorld Creations)
HARP
MRQ1
Tri-Stat dX (PDF, technically I have BESMR2E too, but I'm planning on selling that)
World of Darkness (I also have the core book for Changeling: the Lost, and have the Changing Breeds splat)
World Tree

I like the 4-5 hour session length, and I like to both play and run in episodic format: the idea of a campaign is nice once in a while, but it takes a lot of work.

Anyway, my apartment is above Milan Floral. From US 23, you can exit at either 25 or 27 (but if you exit on 25, there's a triangular island by the old fire barn you'll have to make a silly little left turn around where East Main Street and Country Street split). From Saline-Milan, turn left at the flashing red light (it's a dead end). Carpenter/Dexter turn right at the flashing red light at County Street otherwise you'll have to make that stupid left turn mentioned above. Platt, well, if you're going North, turn right at the light at Main Street, South, left. The door to my stairway/hall is the first door to the left of Milan Floral.

#LotorAllura2024

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Late Sunday Evening Group in Milan, MI?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 06:46:00 PM »
Despite the horrible sin of spilling very good beer, my apartment has reached the "presentable" stage. There are still a few things I need to move to make it more cozy, but it's getting there.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 09:17:31 AM »
Looks like I waited past the limit on modifying my post. Another way this could work is that we could meet on the Saturdays or Sundays that I don't work, allowing early meeting times, and resulting in a "one week on, two weeks off" schedule.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Possibility of Any Evening
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 10:50:23 AM »
Sadly, twice I have gone to my Choi Kwang Do school to either be the only person there or one of only two students. What makes this particularly bad is that I'm supposed to be testing for my next intermediate stripe between 1st and 2nd degree on May 22, 2010. Given this situation, it is possible, perhaps even likely that I can open up any evening for a late evening game, including the Wednesdays and Fridays where I'm supposed to have CKD class at 8:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. respectively. Good for gaming, bad for martial arts.

We couldn't start until Tuesday; however, I'm leaving for Morphicon tomorrow morning and won't be back until Monday afternoon. And I really don't want to do much after 3 hour drives.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline sunwolf

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 08:07:59 PM »
So what is your current situation on running games and did you settle on a system.  I may be available depending on days.

Sorry to hear about your Martial Arts problems.

Where I go is finally getting our own building and seems to be going strong, it helps that HQ for our organization is not too far away (Trenton)
Anything that makes the GMs life easier without messing the game up will always get a vote from me.

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 06:32:04 AM »
So what is your current situation on running games and did you settle on a system.  I may be available depending on days.

Sorry to hear about your Martial Arts problems.

Not so much settled on a system, as became motivated to run World Tree after having attended Morphicon in May where the Guests of Honor were World Tree's authors. I played in the advanced demo to meet the minimum player requirement and also because I've run the adventure use as the beginner's demo twice. I have sold and sent off BESM.

Right now, any day except Friday seems doable. The reality of the Martial Arts problem is that the Wednesday classes are semi-cancelled because of light attendance. My real martial arts problem right now is that, without realizing it until the Thursday about a week later, I had dislocated my right radius from my wrist when I hit a bag wrong the Friday before the test. Guess my pain tolerance is going up if I can test with a dislocated bone and not feel it (much). So after popping the end of my bone back into place last week, my right forearm has been pretty weak. Most of the pain is either gone or jumps around my hand, so I'll probably skip the Friday class this week as well and just practice in the park.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline sunwolf

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 07:00:05 PM »
Testing with something dislocated, now that's tough.
Anything that makes the GMs life easier without messing the game up will always get a vote from me.