Author Topic: Want to Form a Group in Milan, MI  (Read 3841 times)

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Want to Form a Group in Milan, MI
« on: May 12, 2009, 08:59:27 PM »
I'd like to offer my apartment as a place to game because while I enjoy gaming in Jackson, it would also be nice to have a local group. My apartment is a small number above a flower shop, so I am going to have to put an absolute cap on the number of people in the group. At a bear minimum I'll need two people beside myself. If we play in my dinning room/kitchen I could set the maximum number of players to six.

The days I have open are: Mon, Wed, Fri for weekly afternoon/evening games and Sat, Sun for bi-weekly games; afternoon/evening for Sat, any time for Sun. I'm fairly open in terms of what systems I will run and play. My prefered play style is to play an adventure with one GM/game for a while, then have someone else run their game, etc. Session length between 4-6 hours also suit me best.

I do have a cat with me at the apartment, so any allergies to cats must be manageable. There is a public parking lot across the street, and street parking is fairly generous with its hours.

This group could start as early as next week if there is enough interest.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Want to Form a Group in Milan, MI
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 03:46:40 PM »
Because of climbing gas prices, I am taking an undetermined hiatus from the Jackson group save for the occassional one-shot.

I realize that I failed to mention games I had in mind to run when I first posted. While I thought I had three in mind, I can only remember two.

1. A New Legend of Dragon or Before They Were Dragoons: based on the old PS1 game Legend of Dragoon. There was a total disconnect of character's abilities when combined with their supposed backgrounds as well as other problems with supposed history and the planet itself. Might be easiest in Tri-Stat dX, but also willing to use HARP.

2. Spirit Earth Mafia, Forbidden Kingdoms (D&D 3.0 setting). On an alternate Earth, most things have progressed in a similar fashion to the Earth we live on. The world is populated by spirit creatures; shapeshifting animals, nature spirits, etc. PCs are members of one of the well liked gangs during the Prohibition era, performing jobs for criminals and corrupt officials alike. In other words, you're the best of many evils.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline sunwolf

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 08:58:02 AM »
Let me consult with my wife about days and see what my options are and them I'm in after all Milan is only 10 minutes or so by car.
Anything that makes the GMs life easier without messing the game up will always get a vote from me.

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 06:34:57 PM »
I'll make sure my apartment is presentable. Right now it's not bad, but it could be better.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 05:27:06 PM »
Because of an unavoidable change of martial art school, my availability has changed. Now I'll be available Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings, possibly Wednesdays too, with alternating availability (all day) for the weekends. That may change if I get a job at the post office. My apartment is cleaner now, but there's still a bit more I could do.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 12:06:43 PM »
Raising the dead because I'm more available, and would really like to get a face to face group going.

Because of yet another change in my work schedule, I'm now working evenings, and have weekday mornings open until 1:00 p.m. The appearance of my apartment is shaping up because of spring cleaning. I have new ideas on adventures I would like to run as well. Anyone working later ever have success with a morning group?
#LotorAllura2024

Offline sunwolf

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 02:50:31 PM »
Some years back I was in a morning group that ran successfully.  Replace the pop & chips with coffee and coffee cake and you are good to go.
Anything that makes the GMs life easier without messing the game up will always get a vote from me.

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 06:58:28 PM »
Some years back I was in a morning group that ran successfully.  Replace the pop & chips with coffee and coffee cake and you are good to go.

Speaking of coffee cake, I find "My Grandma's of New England"'s to be quite good. Okay, enough with that tangent.

The only morning I'd say no to is Thursday, but I haven't been able to go to my Wednesday night martial art class as much.
#LotorAllura2024