Author Topic: Invisibility Ring  (Read 393 times)

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Invisibility Ring
« on: October 04, 2022, 12:14:12 PM »
Hmm.  This maybe a dumb question, but I had an assassin use an invisibility ring yesterday in my last session.  (It was Pathfinder, but I may reuse the idea in my own Rolemaster game.)

If I had an alchemist create a similar ring (one that makes you invisible if you twist it), what would the item level be, and which invisibility spell would you embed?

Offline rdanhenry

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • This sentence is false.
Re: Invisibility Ring
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2022, 01:00:57 PM »
The level of the item is going to depend on the details. The higher the level of the Invisibility spell used, the higher the level of the item, generally speaking. If you wanted the wearer to be able to turn invisible an unlimited number of times per day, it'd need to be a Constant item, which would be much more expensive than creating an item that lets you become invisible once per day or a few times each day.

An exact answer will also depend somewhat on which version of RM you are using.
Rolemaster: When you absolutely, positively need to have a chance of tripping over an imaginary dead turtle.

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
Re: Invisibility Ring
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2022, 07:57:33 PM »
For RMU, there's a ring of invisibility in the list of items. It's a Constant effect of Invisibility I, which ends up being a level 35 item, with a cost of 2,014sp.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster