Author Topic: Modules for Rolemaster  (Read 4851 times)

Offline comicbrad

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Modules for Rolemaster
« on: September 23, 2007, 07:36:55 PM »
Hi, my friend would like to run a long term Rolemaster campaign.  We had a great time with the Norek and Beyond module.  He remembers playing another published module, something about a Manor, but we are not able to find this product anywhere.
Any ideas on this, or other purchasable modules?
I saw Cloudlords of Tanara, Eidolon-City in the Sky, and Jaiman-Land of Twilight on a pdf site.  Do these have full adventures, or just ideas?
Thanks

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Modules for Rolemaster
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 07:55:14 PM »
Manor house? That would most likely have been the Ogrillion Horror. it begins in a manor house and then later on moves to a desert settiing for a meeting with ancient evil.

Offline comicbrad

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Norek is in Jaiman, duh
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 07:57:22 PM »
Hah, I just realized Norek was set in the world of Jaiman, so never mind that one.

Thanks for the Ogrillion info, any ideas where to find it?

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 08:04:49 PM »
sorry, cannot help there...

And yes, Norek is set on the continent of Jaiman.

Offline Michael Petrea

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 05:50:22 PM »
Ogrillion:
http://www.nobleknight.com/ProductDetail.asp_Q_ProductID_E_6095_A_InventoryID_E_2147470086_A_ProductLineID_E_111_A_ManufacturerID_E_25_A_CategoryID_E_12_A_GenreID_E_

There are descriptions of most of the other items you asked about on Noble Knight too.

Offline Defendi

• Final Redoubt
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 04:31:51 PM »
Each Echoes of Heaven product comes with a module.  They take place in the Echoes of Heaven Campaign setting, but there are notes on how to transplant to another world.

www.finalredoubt.com
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com

Offline Cormac Doyle

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • RMC Team
    • The Aecyr Grene Campaign Setting
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 04:48:36 PM »
Guild Adventurer 1 and 2 by the Guildcompanion?

Offline comicbrad

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Good suggestions
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 06:31:46 PM »
Thanks for the tips.  I also found out of print Rolemaster products at www.abebooks.com (American Book Exchange, network of used book stores).  We should be able to do pretty well with these.
Cool.

Offline Hawkwind

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 12:21:58 AM »
Ogrillion Manor is not a bad adventure, but really has a Call of Cthulhu feel to it, so you might want to beware if that doesn't fit your gaming style.

Hawk

Offline rraarrgghh

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 06:48:53 AM »
Orgillion Horror is a nice series of adventures, but if you already started in Jaiman and really want to play a longer campaign, I think you should consider getting the Jaiman book. It gives a good overview over the continent and the political situation, and includes the Legacy of the Sea Drake Campaign. The adventure sites are pretty well described, but you have to work up a bit on the story in between. There's also a longer dungeon/tomb adventure (site) included, an adventure which can serve as an introduction to the other campaign. Its all RM 2nd Edition.

"Cloudlords of Tanara" is a very old module set in the West of Jaiman. It has some nice adventure ideas, but some of the content needs to be reworked since it was published before even the first Master Atlas. You can either meddle into the politically unstable situation or try to hunt down an evil elf with a very nasty sword: The Implementor.

If you start from Norek, you can also try "Demons of the Burning Night". Its not really a campaign, but a large adventure site on an island south of Jaiman. A lot of very evil creatures lurk there.

In the far north of Jaiman, you can try "Quellbourne, Land of the Silver Mist", not really a campaign, but a good setting for playing one. There's also an old book called "The world of Vog Mur" which is set in the vicinity, but I never read it. The "Stormriders" Novel is closely linked to the Quellbourne setting.

If you want to run a long term campaign, but don't care about Jaiman, you should perhaps try "Curse of Kabis". It hasn't got the usual Shadow World, but  RMSS layout, but don't be fooled, it's set in SW. I never played that one and only know that it's centered around a pretty hefty demon (Kabis), but I heard that it's a very good campaign.

As to buying the stuff check antiquarian databases, amazon marketplace, ebay.

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2007, 08:39:03 AM »
rraarrgghh post is spot on. 

I have Vog Mur.  It is the home of the Silver Dragon Vorig Kye and has a keep (with dungeon), a small village, a long forgotton series of crpts and a secret 30' tall eog gollum hidden on one of the isles in the chain.  As a minor trading port or a series of adventures, the book has some good info in it.

Kabis is a good campaign that 1) goes well outside the cannon of Terrys SW.  It assumes Kabis was summoned from the void a long time ago and directed the wars of dominion, but was imprisoned ina mighty 1st age kitavari artifact by a coalition of the gods, light and dark.  As centuries have passed, Kabis is gathering the power to perhaps break the lock and emerge, and the eternals assist and direct the players to gather an artifact that can kill the voidal god.  2) The campaign is HUGE, and requires a great deal of fleshing out to complete.  I used almost every SW module I own (and I have them all) as settings for the adventure, which I have ran several times, most resulting in failure and death.  It is a high powered campaign with Kulthean shaking results.

I think Cloud Lords has recently been updated.  Anyone know about that?

lynn
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline vroomfogle

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2007, 03:45:29 PM »
Yes, Terry updated Cloudlords.  This second version is available as a PDF.    From what I can tell it's got all the old layouts and info it.   It's pretty much the same except with some new sections on how it fits into Shadow World (the first version was before a lot of the rest of Shadow World was designed) in present day, and an updated timeline as well.

Offline ob1knorrb

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +150/-150
    • ICE Roleplaying WebRing
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 04:28:57 PM »
And the font is much larger and more readable
Brent Knorr...
Ringmaster:ICE Roleplaying Webring - http://www.icewebring.com

Offline vroomfogle

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2007, 09:31:41 PM »
Ha, that's true.  A lot of those ICE modules had that teeny 6 pt font or something for the layout descriptions.....they sure fit a lot of text on one page!

Offline thenovalord

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 05:34:06 AM »
in the vog mur module, is there any info on the tower of dulucaborn on the island ordye throg, as i cant seem to find it?

ta

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2009, 12:31:09 PM »
comicbrad,

Just to clarify things for you (it sounded like you might be confused), Jamian and Emer are both on the same world, Kulthea/Shadow World. Jamain is the continent north of Emer, the Great Continent. I really like both and will usually have a campaign story go to both at different times.

Also, you should definately get Jamain, Land of Twilight pdf, and the newer Xa-ar pdf as it is a part of Jamain and expands upon the contintent - along with Haalkitaine, Norek, and a few others. That gives you the largest pool of knowledge for Jamain.

Emer also has an entire product devoted to it, including being the basic setting for the Shadow World Master Atlas 4th edition. (I believe - I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.  ;D) If nothing else, the master atlas gives you necessary information on running a game in Shadow World, with all the history, organizations (both secret and not-so-secret), major NPCs, gods, etc... Critical information imo.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.