Author Topic: New SW Adventure available  (Read 6419 times)

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
Re: New SW Adventure available
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2019, 03:14:54 AM »
And doesn't have giant black borders!

LOL! It does not! I had little-to-no input in the 4th edition, and consider it non-canon. However there was a very nice Bay of Izar map and some adventures, which I have transplanted into Emer I 2nd edition.
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2019, 03:18:52 AM »
I don't think we have a shadow world email list, but it might be cool to have one, like the Director's Briefing. I could do a summary of product progress like I do here, and maybe even solicit question to answer in later email releases. Maybe I'll ask Nicholas about that.

I would like to see something like this. The director's briefing is fine for hitting the highlights, but it would be nice to have regular status updates on ShadowWorld.

As far as boosting sales, maybe it is worth occasionally releasing something that is PWYW in order to give people a feel for the setting and your work.

I will ask Nicholas about a SW email list, with monthly updates from me, and a few SW products featured each month, with RPGNow links.

As for small modules, I like the idea of releasing more like this one between the large ones. But Nicholas and I agree with some of you here, PWYW does not work for us. We will probably charge $1-$2 per pdf adventure.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Peter R

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +480/-480
    • Rolemaster Blog
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2019, 03:28:02 AM »
I don't think we have a shadow world email list, but it might be cool to have one, like the Director's Briefing. I could do a summary of product progress like I do here, and maybe even solicit question to answer in later email releases. Maybe I'll ask Nicholas about that.

I would like to see something like this. The director's briefing is fine for hitting the highlights, but it would be nice to have regular status updates on ShadowWorld.

As far as boosting sales, maybe it is worth occasionally releasing something that is PWYW in order to give people a feel for the setting and your work.

I will ask Nicholas about a SW email list, with monthly updates from me, and a few SW products featured each month, with RPGNow links.

As for small modules, I like the idea of releasing more like this one between the large ones. But Nicholas and I agree with some of you here, PWYW does not work for us. We will probably charge $1-$2 per pdf adventure.
It is a case of it is the right tool for very specific tasks.

If you want to put a taste of Shadow World into the hands of people who have never read a book or played in the setting then PWYW is perfect. If you want to pay the rent then PWYW is not a good option.

I am using it as a 'no stress' alternative to Kickstarter. I have a draft document up as PWYW and a goal. The free downloads are building the mailing list for that project, as egdcltd talked about, and the trickle of income is working towards the goal total. So far my community has raised enough for the print proofs and now the money is going towards art. That is one example of it working well.

It is no stress because there is no end date when everyone will be clamouring for their books and no deadlines.
Rolemasterblog http://www.rolemasterblog.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/RolemasterBlog
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/rolemasterblog/

Spectre771 A couple of weeks ago, I disemboweled one of my PCs with a...

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2019, 04:20:22 AM »
PWYW might work for some Shadow World supplements, but not adventures, due to the amount of work. Say, 1-2 page supplements that add something minor; lore, a briefly-detailed shop in Sel-Kai, a magic item with a legend, that sort of thing.
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2019, 08:47:10 AM »
However there was a very nice Bay of Izar map and some adventures, which I have transplanted into Emer I 2nd edition.

That's good to see. I did like the Bay of Izar as a starting area, and in fact might be making it the starting area of my next campaign.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Peter R

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +480/-480
    • Rolemaster Blog
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2019, 11:38:20 AM »
PWYW might work for some Shadow World supplements, but not adventures, due to the amount of work. Say, 1-2 page supplements that add something minor; lore, a briefly-detailed shop in Sel-Kai, a magic item with a legend, that sort of thing.
A shadow world calendar would be a perfect example.
Rolemasterblog http://www.rolemasterblog.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/RolemasterBlog
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/rolemasterblog/

Spectre771 A couple of weeks ago, I disemboweled one of my PCs with a...

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2019, 03:13:56 PM »

They could later be collected into a PDF and print book.
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2019, 06:07:52 AM »

They could later be collected into a PDF and print book.

I am thinking that all the SW adventures from the Guild Adventurer PDF magazines could be compiled into one book large enough to print, adding a new adventure if necessary.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Telwyn

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2019, 03:20:16 AM »

Ordered at a fair price. I'd also value an email list as I'm bad at keeping up with the various fora that I belong to so having the odd digest email to update me on product releases would be great!