Forum > Fantasy Grounds Rulesets for ICE

FG for HARP Future Testing

(1/4) > >>

Dakadin:
I know this is a long way off but I wanted to put it on everyone's minds for when we get there.  I don't think I will have time to run another game in addition to my Rolemaster game and doing FG development.  So when I finally get something together, I will need at least one person to GM a HARP game with FG and include me as a player. 

It will help me to see what is working and what isn't working.  Plus I will be able to help the GM work through any issues that occur during the game.  I will also have them keep the last stable version in case we hit any issues during the game that can't be worked around.

We can have a couple others do tests also but I will likely keep them at least one version behind so that they aren't alpha testing new changes.  The GMs doing beta testing will need to do a couple things to help me track down any issues they have but those shouldn't slow them down very much.

Thom @ ICE:
I would personally be interested in doing this, however you probably will want more than just my input.  Is it more important for them to be HARP knowledgeable, or FG knowledgeable?
 Or a mix?

Thom @ ICE:
By the way, we can kill 2 birds with 1 stone if we also work on testing out converting Cyradon material at the same time (or creating new adventures for Cyradon) so that we can release those with or soon after the HARP release.

Dakadin:
HARP knowledge is the key.  Don't worry about FG knowledge since I will have to explain new features to the GM as they are developed.  We only really need one initially.  Eventually 1 or 2 more will help catch more errors and can provide additional feedback.

Great idea about converting the Cyradon material at the same time.  The GMs could also test those.

Thom @ ICE:
I can definitely put together a team of HARP experienced players, and even mix in one or two newbies if desired.

For Cyradon I can build a couple of adventures while you are doing development.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version