Author Topic: Changing Seer´s Realm to Essence?  (Read 2197 times)

Offline Nejira

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Changing Seer´s Realm to Essence?
« on: October 11, 2009, 08:09:48 AM »
Hi, been working on homebrewed setting and I kinda feel the Seer is more at home in the realm of Essence than Mentalism. Also since Essence (as far as I know) has no divination type casters, I felt it appropiate to move the Seer.

But are there anything that I can´t see that might complicate moving the Seer´s realm?

If I am to do this, I consider using the Magician´s  DP cost except for Awareness, and Communications.
"I'd Rather Be a Rising Ape Than a Fallen Angel"

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Changing Seer´s Realm to Essence?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 11:00:04 AM »
The only costs you should swap out are the Armor costs. Everything else should work fine as it is.

Mentalism users have better armor costs because they are allowed to wear armor, while Essence users cannot. Just about all of the other costs are going to be more associated with the profession rather than realm, I think.

Offline Nejira

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 08:20:31 PM »
Figured it was something like that. Thanks Rasyr!  :)
"I'd Rather Be a Rising Ape Than a Fallen Angel"

Offline Temujin

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 02:33:32 AM »
Don't have my book handy, but there is one list which you'll probably have to adapt to Essence, I'm thinking about the List which has various Mind Scan-like powers.  But the other lists, yeah, could easily become Essence spell list.  My GM is fairly open-minded when it comes to adapting professions to the needs of the story, and one of the prominent NPCs is treated as an Essence-based Seer.