Author Topic: What to add to ERA in 2023?  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
What to add to ERA in 2023?
« on: March 11, 2023, 07:54:04 AM »
Hi! I'm looking at ways to make ERA more useful to current users, and also to add features that will convince more people to give it a try. So I'd like to list some ideas about possible things to add/improve, so you can all vote and have a say in the direction ERA goes next. Thanks!

Offline Turbs

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: What to add to ERA in 2023?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 04:28:56 PM »
online connectiviity all the way. let me set up an account and allow my players to connect and build their characters there so I can manage them and we can all see without having to transfer xml files everytime there is a change or they add something to thier inventory
The universe is hostile. So impersonal. Devour to survive; So it is; So it's always been.  ~Tool; Vicarious~

Offline Thot

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2023, 12:06:44 AM »
The biggest thing for me would be a to be able to JUST use the combat tables. A simple mask to enter OB, DB, attack roll, and armor class, and the software then gives me the result, hits and critical. Without me having to use all the other features, and especially without me having to put the whole character into the software.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2023, 07:38:46 AM »
The biggest thing for me would be a to be able to JUST use the combat tables. A simple mask to enter OB, DB, attack roll, and armor class, and the software then gives me the result, hits and critical. Without me having to use all the other features, and especially without me having to put the whole character into the software.

Then there's something for you in the next ERA release.

• From the Treasure Module, you can choose any maneuver, attack or critical table installed in the system, and just choose the difficulty/AT/severity, then enter the roll, and you get the result. So no need to use the Adventuring Module if you just want to check the tables.
  • There's a new attack REST API, which can be used to query results from outside ERA. As an example, I've provided an Excel file which can call ERA with the given weapon, target armor, roll and displays the information. If there's interest in this feature, and people want to build stuff like Excel files or their own visual interface with API calls to ERA, I can add support for maneuvers, criticals, spell casting, and all the other features in ERA.

I've posted a preview on the Discord server.
If you don't use Discord and want a link to the preview version, drop me a PM.

Offline Thot

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2023, 12:31:31 AM »

Then there's something for you in the next ERA release.

• From the Treasure Module, you can choose any maneuver, attack or critical table installed in the system, and just choose the difficulty/AT/severity, then enter the roll, and you get the result. So no need to use the Adventuring Module if you just want to check the tables.

Awesome!

• There's a new attack REST API, which can be used to query results from outside ERA. As an example, I've provided an Excel file which can call ERA with the given weapon, target armor, roll and displays the information. If there's interest in this feature, and people want to build stuff like Excel files or their own visual interface with API calls to ERA, I can add support for maneuvers, criticals, spell casting, and all the other features in ERA.

Excellent, looking forward to it!

I've posted a preview on the Discord server.
[...]

Thanks, I'll check it out!

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2023, 01:09:01 PM »
With 2023 coming to a close, I wanted to summarize the features of the poll that got included in the updates of the year.
  • Offer an online version of ERA so you don't have to install it locally, and players can connect to it via user/pass login
  • Add realm and open/close/base info to all spell lists for improved searching when creating and leveling up characters
  • Detail skill descriptions and examples for each difficulty as presented in the books
  • Youtube tutorial videos on how to manage combat, spell casting, maneuvers, etc. during an adventure
  • School of Hard Knocks package
  • Variant races (like variant professions)
  • Show the movement rate in the character sheet module
  • Show total carried weight and penalties in the character inventory tab of the character sheet module
I hope your vote got included in some of those features, and that next year can bring a new poll with more ideas and more pending features crossed of my To-Do list.
 :D