Forum > Rome

Is there scope for a Rolemaster Rome Companion?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Ice Dragon:
Hi

Can you give us any update on the progress of a possible Rome companion?

PhillipAEllis:
G'day!

I haven't had the time to do more than sketch out ideas & amass some background reading.

For example, I have sketched out an idea for a section of NPCs for the campaign starting date, with a brief list of possibles, but nothing in terms of working out levels, professions, details, etcetera.

Hurin:
The Augustan Age is good, but have you thought about other ages, either as alternatives or supplements?

The third century or late antiquity would be fun, since you'd have Persians/Parthians on the warpath in the East and Germanic barbarians banging on the gates in the West (I know they did it before this period, but this is when the dam begins to break). The age of invasions would be a lot of fun.

Another possibility would be the late 3rd/early 2nd centuries BCE, with the Punic and Macedonian Wars, with Greeks vs. Romans and even Antiochus and the Celts on the side.

Ice Dragon:

--- Quote from: PhillipAEllis on October 23, 2013, 04:04:09 PM ---G'day!

I haven't had the time to do more than sketch out ideas & amass some background reading.

For example, I have sketched out an idea for a section of NPCs for the campaign starting date, with a brief list of possibles, but nothing in terms of working out levels, professions, details, etcetera.

--- End quote ---

Ok, I hope you get more time :) looking forward to the results.

Bruce:
I have always wanted to use Rome and some of the other historical cities like Constantinople (i.e. Istanbul) and Babylon as in game cities. I personally think it would be a really good idea for someone to publish the historical cities as fantasy cities, like in a series. Something like Rome would be a tremendous undertaking, actually they all would be pretty intensive works if done correctly. I myself have tried researching maps of such cities but I haven't been able to find any done in a way that I could print out (in however many pages) and use as a map for a game.
I do have a general idea of what Babylon may have looked like and some ideas as to the whole layout of the city. One of these days I may try and do a fantasy map.....

BTW is there any fantasy city as big as Rome?

Bruce

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version