Author Topic: Temp Stats in RoleMaster  (Read 1047 times)

Offline FelGeezer

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Temp Stats in RoleMaster
« on: October 01, 2022, 12:16:05 AM »
I have Char & Camp Law second printing from 1990, rules were to roll 10 stats percentile - re roll any less than 20,replace the prime req's with 90 if you wanted. I have also seen the 600 + 10d10 points rule. Which is the standard today?
I am returning to the game after several years absent btw,,, ;-)

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Temp Stats in RoleMaster
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2022, 08:57:45 AM »
The standard for RM2? That's what's stated in the book you have. There are alternative methods I think in some of the companions?

I'm not sure what the standard method is in RMClassic, which is a modified version of RM2.

There are alternative rules in the latest edition (RMU) as well: roll three times for each stat, taking the highest as the potential and the middle roll as the temp and discard the third roll (personally, I am not so big on this one, as it all but ensures pretty low stats (almost no temps will be at potential and it will be a long time before all stats reach potential). RMU also offers the option of point buy.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Majyk

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2022, 02:23:17 AM »
Welcome back FG!

As Hurin confirmed, RM2/RMC has the rules you recall above, still.  You can even change the minimum from ‘20’ to whatever threshold you believe starting PC Heroes(Laymen) should floor out at, with many choosing ‘35’.

You’re remembering the 600+10d10(60) rule from RMSS/RMFRP where they turned stats into a point buy system.

Offline katastrophe

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2022, 11:18:42 AM »
660 point buy is the method everyone I know uses.