Forum > Rolemaster

Common Abbreviations for Rolemaster Products

(1/9) > >>

Cormac Doyle:
RM - Rolemaster
RM2 - Rolemaster 2nd Edition (Red Border / 1989 edition); Generic term for any version prior to RMSS
RMC - Rolemaster Classic (Revised/cleaned up presentation of the RM2 core, with new options and some minor changes)

RMX - Rolemaster eXpress
(RME - Rolemaster Express ... however, this usage is discouraged)

RMSS - Rolemaster Standard System
RMFRP - Rolemaster Fantasy Roleplaying

RoCo I/II/III/IV/V/VI/VII - Rolemaster Companion 1-7
(RMC I/II/III/IV/V/VI/VII - Alternate abbreviation for Rolemaster Companion 1-7 ... however, this usage is discouraged)

EA1/2/3/4 - Express Additions

More Abbreviations will be added :)

Sirius:
A necessary thing to reduce confusion, but I'll be hard pressed to stop using RMC for the companions.

At the risk of throwing a wrench into the gears, why not RCl (or RMCl) for Rolemaster Classic?

Rasyr-Mjolnir:

--- Quote from: Sirius on November 01, 2007, 10:44:06 AM ---At the risk of throwing a wrench into the gears, why not RCl (or RMCl) for Rolemaster Classic?

--- End quote ---

Mainly because of the potential for confusion overall RMCl looks very similar to RMCI and can easily be confused for it.

Thus, RoCo for Rolemaster Companion
and RMC for Rolemaster Classic (besides, THIS perpetuates the Rolemaster = RM abbreviation used in the other core versions of Rolemaster)

Sirius:
That makes sense.  Can't say I'll remember to use RoCo though.  Old dogs, etc. ;)

Setorn:
Can this be made a sticky for those who first join.  It took me awhile to get it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version