Forum > Rolemaster

Skill Bonus Items using "General" Enchanting Ways spells?

(1/7) > >>

Marc R:
Using the Alchemy lists, you can make a Broadsword +5 using the Weapon I list.

Would you allow an alchemist to create a "Swordsman's Bracelet, +5 to Broadsword Skill" using the higher level "General I" spell?

Old Man:

--- Quote from: Marc R on December 22, 2010, 11:37:45 AM ---Using the Alchemy lists, you can make a Broadsword +5 using the Weapon I list.

Would you allow an alchemist to create a "Swordsman's Bracelet, +5 to Broadsword Skill" using the higher level "General I" spell?

--- End quote ---

Generally I'd say yes. A GM could shift the General Spell required for balance if they wish. General II to get +5 skill etc. I rule the costs are like that for imbedded items per Character Law.

Nders:
No I would not. I might allow a bracelet to be enchanted with a +5ob bonus by using the weapon I spell. The general spells are for non ob/db enchantments, which are covered by the armor and weapon spells.

markc:
 I generally only allow it for powerful items or items that can directly affect the weapon. IE in this case I would allow a glove to provide a small bonus to a weapon skill. For non artifacts I would limit it to no more than +10 but I use ranges so the range would be +1-10.
MDC

Old Man:

--- Quote from: Nders on December 22, 2010, 02:08:21 PM ---No I would not. I might allow a bracelet to be enchanted with a +5ob bonus by using the weapon I spell. The general spells are for non ob/db enchantments, which are covered by the armor and weapon spells.

--- End quote ---

So in your campaign, which spell would be used for "skill bonuses" like +5 OB, +5 Trading, etc?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version