Forum > Shopper's Guide

Why is Companion VII so expensive

(1/4) > >>

PiXeL01:
 :o

I have one completed set of RM2 books and now I’m close to having a second one, you know in case the first falls apart.
The two books I need to complete the part of the collection I want would be Companion VII. Prices I-V were reasonable, VI was a little bit of a stretch but VII!?! Between 100 and 1,000 is dollars!?!

I have always wondered why this price.

Hurin:
Because it has the Armsmaster class, which is awesome, and because it finally corrects the error in earlier companions' initiative systems that led some people to think Instantaneous meant an action took no activity %.

I'm joking of course. I have no idea.

PiXeL01:
You wrote the Armsmaster class, didn’t you?

Hurin:

--- Quote from: PiXeL01 on October 29, 2020, 11:09:44 PM ---You wrote the Armsmaster class, didn’t you?

--- End quote ---

Haha, no, I just really like it, because I think it fills an important niche (a Mentalism user who wears heavy armor -- which makes sense given that Mentalism is the easiest spellcasting realm to use while wearing heavy armor). Companion VII actually lists who wrote what, so the Armsmaster was written by 'Ed Cassidy'. Also, Nicholas (the head of ICE currently) did the later Mentalism Companion, which included an updated version of the Armsmaster, with new spell lists.

markc:
I checked my collection and I only have 1 but it looks like 2 others have gone missing, so I cant help you out.
MDC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version