Forum > Cyradon

The Mysteries of the Gods

<< < (2/6) > >>

Thom @ ICE:
Many years ago one of my favorite setting support books was Faiths & Avatars - and I'm thinking along those same lines, but with a greater focus on the church structure in each faith.

PhillipAEllis:

--- Quote from: Thom @ ICE on July 05, 2013, 08:52:38 AM ---I'll add that to the wish list of product ideas for expanding Cyradon....
A product that fleshes out the religions of Cyradon (and Anias) and if we can incorporate an adventure or two, plus a bunch of plot seeds for others....
Sound good?

--- End quote ---

Yes, it sounds very good, Thom. :)

Colour me interested!

GrumpyOldFart:

--- Quote ---IMHO you have to have somewhat stable society to have these "cults" be active. When you are just trying to stay alive you do not have time for that stuff.
 So you would look to more established societies trying to adopt/initiate new members of emerging societies or brother societies asking for help from stable societies.
--- End quote ---

Among those societies that have been destabilized by disaster, such would be "the old religion" then, no?

--- Quote ---Many years ago one of my favorite setting support books was Faiths & Avatars - and I'm thinking along those same lines, but with a greater focus on the church structure in each faith.
--- End quote ---

I've never heard of F&A, but I like the idea. Church structure is an outgrowth of the philosophy of the religion, so it should vary according to the underlying philosophy. As an obvious example, for a church building dedicated to a War God not to be designed for defense is ludicrous, as is the idea that its local clergy aren't trained as a "mission team" and will respond to threats and/or emergencies as such.

RandalThor:
If I remember right, Faiths & Avatars is a AD&D Forgotten Realms sourcebook.

Thom @ ICE:
Correct - it covered all of the major religions on Faerun (Forgotten Realms).  The follow-up was Powers & Pantheons and covered the lesser and demi-gods.  For Cyradon we'd likely only need one product to cover the gods across all of the pantheons, their places of worship, their church org structure, and provide info about the powers/abilities/spells that a member of their church can call upon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version