Author Topic: V'gliin vs V'glin  (Read 3798 times)

Offline Kurgath

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
V'gliin vs V'glin
« on: July 30, 2009, 02:17:18 PM »
So V'gliin (2 'i's) was the son of Utha, to take new names later..... (trying to avoid spoilers here) as per SWMA 4th edition.

But then V'glin (1 'i') was the leader of the Duskwalkers (Powers)

Am I just confused or is this the case???

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
Re: V'gliin vs V'glin
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 03:45:06 PM »
Well, V'gliin is also mentioned in Powers. Perhaps he changed his name because he was tired of being confused with V'glin?
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline Guillaume

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Kulthean Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 04:39:29 PM »
well, that's an old old old subject... V'gliin, V'glin, Daenkù, Andraax...  ;D

It was archived somewhere in the old forum...

You have 3 V'gl(i)ins the two above and one in Lost Telepath ( found in Room 7 of the Temple of K'Ta'Viir in the adventure the Heart of K'Ta'Viir ).

One of the V'gl(i)ins is the sone of Utha and later took the name of Daenkù.
Daenkù then took the name of Andraax.

One V'gl(i)in is the leader of the Duskwalkers.

and the last one ( the one from Lost Telepath ) greets people entering his room by the following :
(click to show/hide)
514 to see, 416 to lock, 614 to shot...Target downed...Ask the marines to pick up the pieces.

RM, RM2, RMSS, RMFRP, HARP,  MERP, Cyberspace, SM, SM2, SM:P, Star Strike, Armored Assault, SD , SD : The Next Millenium, Bladestorm, Battle of the Five Armies .... Collecting ICE production since the epoch...

Offline Kurgath

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 09:02:27 AM »
What is 'Lost Telepath'? - is it a Spacemaster module?

Guillaume - while you are in this thread I have to say a massive thank you for the prologue of your graphic novel. I used it in my Sw campaign recently to convey the images the PCs saw in their heads when a bard sang a song to them of the First Era, it was a special moment!

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 11:39:33 AM »
I've a feeling it might be in "Imperial Crisis House Devon in Turmoil" but that's only a guess.

Offline Kurgath

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 01:07:51 PM »
Hmm - yes

I remember that sourcebook - very good - don't have it anymore unfortunately

Offline Alten

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 01:27:13 PM »
Lost Telepaths of Kashmere, I think.
As you wish...

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 01:37:01 PM »
Which would make it [Dead Link Removed by Admin]
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 08:54:36 AM by Thom @ ICE, Reason: [Dead Link Removed by Admin] »

Offline Guillaume

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Kulthean Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 02:55:21 PM »
What is 'Lost Telepath'? - is it a Spacemaster module?

Guillaume - while you are in this thread I have to say a massive thank you for the prologue of your graphic novel. I used it in my Sw campaign recently to convey the images the PCs saw in their heads when a bard sang a song to them of the First Era, it was a special moment!

I'm not the Guillaume that made the graphic novel, I'm only guilty of compiling long ago most of what has become the Nomikos Library timeline database.  ;D

And yes Lost Telepath is a Spacemater Module.

It's the one egdcltd linked.

But it's not the only Spacemaster module where K'Ta'Viiri happens to show up in flesh or in holographic form.

It's important to remember that while Shadow World is something fully separate, Kulthea is the planet known as Ceril VII in the Empire, and that most of said Terran Empire has once been ruled by the K'Ta'Viiri.

you can find K'Ta'Viiri related stuff in the following adventure modules :
- Imperial Crisis
(click to show/hide)
- Lost Telepaths
(click to show/hide)

- League of Merchant
(click to show/hide)

There's some informations about K'Ta'Viiri spread all over the books : Space Master Companion [Unnumbered], Space Master 2nd Ed ( both printings ).
514 to see, 416 to lock, 614 to shot...Target downed...Ask the marines to pick up the pieces.

RM, RM2, RMSS, RMFRP, HARP,  MERP, Cyberspace, SM, SM2, SM:P, Star Strike, Armored Assault, SD , SD : The Next Millenium, Bladestorm, Battle of the Five Armies .... Collecting ICE production since the epoch...

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 03:18:16 PM »
I wonder how many laws we'd break copying the K'Ta'Viiri stuff from the modules not available as pdfs and distributing it.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2009, 07:49:06 PM »
I wonder how many laws we'd break copying the K'Ta'Viiri stuff from the modules not available as pdfs and distributing it.
Very many. ICE has partial publishing rights to most if not all of the old stuff even if it is out of print. The problem with reprinting is finding the old author and redoing contracts.

So do not copy or make a PDF unless you get permission from ICE and you might need permission from ICE and Terry. But I could be wrong about the second part. If you are interested contact the SW person at ICE and they will put you in touch with the right person you need to talk to.

Problem #2: The SM2 setting is owned by another person and may require extra work to get approval for a PDF doc.

If you have any more questions please PM me and I will help or put you in touch with someone who can help you. Note it may take some time to get an answer though and even then your PDF doc would have to be prof read by someone at ICE to make sure it does not violate any other product or contract.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2009, 04:18:07 AM »
It wasn't a serious question really. Well, beyond the fact that I was pretty sure it wouldn't be legally possible. More of a shame that there's stuff out there that really isn't available any more, except second hand. Although it might be interesting to collate the related stuff, with notes regarding who might own it, and passing it on to ICE.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2009, 01:41:57 PM »
It wasn't a serious question really. Well, beyond the fact that I was pretty sure it wouldn't be legally possible. More of a shame that there's stuff out there that really isn't available any more, except second hand. Although it might be interesting to collate the related stuff, with notes regarding who might own it, and passing it on to ICE.
I agree completely with the shame about not having old material any more; but as a mod I have to be proactive on the illegal comping front.   

MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 09:53:21 PM »
 One other thing I want to say is that if you think your idea is a good one try and submit a proposal to ICE for the material you would like to see again. They might be able to work something out and you can be an author for ICE.
MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.