Author Topic: Stuff  (Read 2862 times)

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
Stuff
« on: May 22, 2009, 04:27:26 AM »
What do people use for prices and details on, well, stuff? Weapons, armour, equipment, that sort of thing. The only specific Shadow World data I can find is a section at the back of Haalkitaine and Eidolon. In fact, that's the only RM specific data I've found. I know ICE had an old supplement called "...And a 10 Foot Pole" but it doesn't look like it made it to pdf and the old copies I've found on Amazon are a but pricey.
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline kmanktelow

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Stuff
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 04:57:35 AM »
Hi, egdcltd,

I just used the price charts in Campaign Law and applied a common-sense modifier, or for a detailed area like Eidolon/Sel-Kai, used the any price charts/modifiers given therein.

The Campaign Law price charts whilst not complete- have enough of the usual items that my PC's would be interested in- that it wasn't really an issue. (They just moaned like mad when they messed up their trading rolls and wound up paying double the normal costs for things....)

All the Best,

Kevin.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 05:23:01 AM »
I was looking in the wrong part of my book. Amazing what you can find with an index. The charts do look pretty similar to those in Eidolon though. Which version of RM do you have, I've got the 1989 boxed set?

Regarding "...And a Ten Foot Pole", what does it have in it? Before I try and buy a copy. Also, are there any plans to make it into a pdf?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 05:30:49 AM by egdcltd »
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline Schwarz

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 06:51:50 AM »
It had a lot of items and price charts for different tech levels, that made it a very useful supplement for sw campaigns.

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I intend to live forever ... or die trying!
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 07:13:03 AM »
And a 10 foot pole is excellent! :)

It uses the gold, silver etc pieces that are listed in the various RM books (I use RMFRP) but it has a larger section - about a dozen or more pages per tech level, from the Stone Age to the Information age. It's been invaluable for me as I like to have things right for my campaign (in a somewhat anal way) and it lists foods, clothes, armour, weapons, cooking utensils etc - EVERYTHING! :D

It handily includes weights of items, availability and time to produce so my PCs are accurately encombred! ;)

Without it I wouldn't have a clue at all on what costs to use. I know there are people who are quite happy to guestimate these things as well as get them right most of the time but that's definitely not me.

I managed to nab my copy off ebay but a PDF would be VERY handy - especially one that you could choose to only purchase the 'Middle Ages' or the 'Copper Age' section because the rest of the book is not useful unless you want to have different campaigns at different time periods.
Logo Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
Logo Re-Vamp of Shadow World.
Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
Illustration of various other Shadow World products
Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX
Feel free to browse my gallery