Author Topic: Herbs from Kulthea  (Read 3415 times)

Offline fac

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Shadow World's aficionado
Herbs from Kulthea
« on: March 25, 2009, 02:18:43 PM »
In my game people asked me about herbs, herbs, and more herbs.

So I took the list from the SW Master Atlas and put it in ODS format, so I can filter by climate, area, compass, etc. I also created a data pilot to make a better looking filter.

In this way every GM can choose the herbs available in each area.

You can check the vault here:
http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item692

If somebody wants the file in Excel/Pivot Table let me know.

Hope that helps. ;)
You must feel the thought and think the feeling

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Herbs from Kulthea
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 12:07:50 PM »
YEah, I don't have the software to open it, so if you could put it in Excel that would be great.

Thanks!
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline fac

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 01:24:29 PM »
Usually I prefer to use Open Office but at work I have MS Excel to make nasty pivot tables. I will upload it to the vault, but until that moment you can find it here

I had to compress it because Excel makes files with Pivot Tables ridicuosly big, so it's usual to discover after uncompressing that the file is >1 Mb.

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 02:20:28 PM »
Now that is a sweet app.  Should put it on i-phones.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline Michael Petrea

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 12:35:29 PM »
It is useful.  You don't happen to have a version with all of the herbs from RM do you?

Offline vroomfogle

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 01:33:47 PM »
I've got an excel sheet with all the herbs and poisons from every RM supplement published with the exception of some M**P modules.   I have Hands of the Healer but have not gone through it to harvest all those herbs because I know such a work would be unpublishable.   It's been an ongoing project for me for a while now in an effort to create a supplement for using herbs that was friendly and easy pick up for on the fly uses. 

For instance, while the Excel sheet is useful if you have it at the gaming table, many people prefer hardcopies so I've been creating a series of tables for each climate, or locale, etc.     I've also been working on a series of more detailed rules for foraging and finding herbs, and for using herb lore for remembering details of herbs for certain regions, as well as more detailed rules for herb usage and preparation into various forms (tinctures, poultices, etc).

Finally, I've started musings on new spell lists for Herbs.  I'm envisioning a replacement for the Animist list, as well as a Closed list for each realm that differ slightly, as well as a Poison list.

But for now, back to the Shadow World Player Guide!

Offline fac

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 06:05:06 AM »
It is useful.  You don't happen to have a version with all of the herbs from RM do you?

No, but if you have the books in pdf format you cann add more herbs.

I've got an excel sheet with all the herbs and poisons from every RM supplement published with the exception of some M**P modules.   I have Hands of the Healer but have not gone through it to harvest all those herbs because I know such a work would be unpublishable.   It's been an ongoing project for me for a while now in an effort to create a supplement for using herbs that was friendly and easy pick up for on the fly uses. 

For instance, while the Excel sheet is useful if you have it at the gaming table, many people prefer hardcopies so I've been creating a series of tables for each climate, or locale, etc.     I've also been working on a series of more detailed rules for foraging and finding herbs, and for using herb lore for remembering details of herbs for certain regions, as well as more detailed rules for herb usage and preparation into various forms (tinctures, poultices, etc).

You could upload that file in the same way as I did so everybody can get that info.

Anyway, mi idea is not to use the file during the game, I just want to filter by area where they are and print the herbs available. I don't like to check all the codes used when the healer is foraging the area or the PC are going to a herbalist.