Author Topic: The Nore  (Read 3017 times)

Offline Witchking20k

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
The Nore
« on: January 30, 2009, 03:09:08 PM »
Hey, I'm thinking about shifting my current campagin to Norek and am wondering where the racial Information for the Nore is?  The description basically depicts them as a mutant strain of Jameri....but whats so different?
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Offline Walt

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: The Nore
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 02:19:13 AM »
Playing now for some years in Norek I developed a lot of Material, Stories and NPCs for the area. But for the stats of the Nore I basically used only the old high-man stats. If you want to underline the supority even more and are inclined of using the backround of Norek, you can use the SpaceMaster Tranhuman stats

Offline Witchking20k

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 07:27:10 AM »
Unfortunately I don't have Spacemaster.  What special abilities do you use for them?  From what I understand the Orb or Rebirth has altered the Nore magically.  I thought they might be a little more "fantastic"

Offline Walt

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 10:15:06 AM »
Unfortunately I don't have Spacemaster.  What special abilities do you use for them?  From what I understand the Orb or Rebirth has altered the Nore magically.  I thought they might be a little more "fantastic"

No that depends completly on your setting. Bascially the idea described is that of some enhanced humans. The interesting part is that it was done by a lord of essaence, with the ressources both technical and magical. So I used only the high man stats, but even talking ?bout I?m going to redecide and will use the Transhuman XII stats of Space Master.
You should make up your mind on two impotant facts:
  • do you want to implement this Orb of Rebirth in your campaign?
  • do you like the Terry approach with Norek being part of the Empire or are you heading for an independent Norek?
I?m playing myself still in an independent Norek, making the whole setting much more attractive in my opinion.
Which time are you heading for?

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 01:08:45 PM »
Unless removed, the old transhuman stats and other races are in the vault stated out for both RM2 and RMFRP.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline Witchking20k

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 10:15:15 PM »
Independant for sure.  As for time......I do want to use the Orb in the game, and was thinking of the Nore perhaps being a secret society who worship it, or live in service or soemthing.....

Offline Walt

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 03:18:23 PM »
I basically followed the approach of the original booklet: the orb being the reason therefor Norek wasn?t devasted in the Wars of Dominion. But nobody is aware of the orb even existing.
By the way, you should also make your mind up with the Wall?s of Norek. Being mile over miles long, with only 700 defenders - that?s at least questionable.
For the Nore - in my setting they are living very secluded. Because of the history, the Nore killing all non-nores in the city at some point in the past. so when lorgalis first starts to move, he (or say Nitire) kills the elvish ambassador, isolating norek. and next he is starting racial prejudices on both sides, the nore vs the "normal" humans and vice versa. leaves Norek in a very weakend position.