Author Topic: Z?taar  (Read 2876 times)

Offline Walt

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Z?taar
« on: November 10, 2008, 04:20:05 AM »
Hi there,

did anybody work per chance on some cults of Z?taar for Jaiman? I?m going to introduce some Nomri cult, "the fist of venegance", and will probably link them to Z?taar. Any existing link with other groups would be helpful.

Thanks,

WAlt

Offline Elrik

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Z?taar
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 11:26:06 AM »
My original team and I went through a dark stint for a while and built all sorts of ugly orders.

Order of the Flawless Strike or Thir Tamaak or The Vir.
Group One:
Monks of a remote monastery, North Western Emer. They make a habit of buying, steals or barters for children. Those children that survive the torturous training develop into hard eyed monks or warrior monks. Some are simply fighters (still called Monks) that sell their services to the highest bidder. Although not 'evil', the orders intense religious training breeds a cold hearted brood, intent on completion of tasks and victory. The order sometimes takes large numbers of enemies and sacrifices them to Z'taar. This behaviour is limited depending upon country or region. Unique marks are the flame tattoos, starting at the wrists and working up to the elbow. Ranks is denoted by small circles under their left eye. Eight is their maximum rank, presume that at eight marks the monk is between 20 to 25 level. No markings are given till Level 5 or at least 10 ranks in one martial style (sweeps or throws/grappling). The flame Tattoo is given upon the completion of a dangerous mission. Different sects can have the flame tattoo grow in 2 to 4 stages, depending upon missions and level.

The order is noted by their shaved heads, tattoos and the black robes they always wear. This order does not collect history, they accept any race or sex, expect total devotion to their somewhat twisted faith and accept failure only twice.  They are a warrior order, they stand tall and project their arrogance like a wall. They are also a very jealous, selfish order almost as well known for their infighting, assassinations and internal orders, that further brakes the Order down. Due to their harsh training practicies, internal strife and the constant battles, their numbers seem to remain low. Z'taar does not harbour the weak or maimed.

Group Two:
This is more a cult element. They come in dozens of flavours and their leaders religious tint colours their faith. Often zealots, passionate about battle, they run numerous underground fight groups, that have yearly tournaments. These tournaments are grouped around battle and only battle.The Combatants must agree on weapon choices and rarely fight to the death. Although not very entrenched in Jaiman, these small groups are all over Emer, and span several faiths. Cay has several groups that directly compete against Z'taar as well do Oriana, Phone and even some local gods. The victor is the victor, nothing more, there is no money and very little fame. Only the Love of Battle. This type of group can spawn some nasty warriors, ranging from 5 to 18th level, feeding into the image of the Fighter/Fisherman or Woman. As a side note. Women are expected to fight men, so they are not the usual sort. Many are strong, and overly ruthless. Beware that first date.

I also have a mercenary group called The Chain, a school in Sel Kay called "Bulg Bu" that a person can join for 500 gp, and start at level 0 and by the time they leave they are level 5. A more experienced warrior would benefit in other ways, training in other fields and programs on survival, horseperson ship and the like. There is no magical training, and all gear is well made (+5). By the time the student leaves they are a zealot. I have a female version of the Order of the Flawless Strike, that only allows women, but can't find their name although I think it was Mur Dag. Which was to imply Soft Blade, or Gentle blade...

I have more but they are pretty generic, sort of a drag and drop approach to random encounters and madness. I will have you know that I had a Fight Club before he Movie came out  8)
I'm told it's my duty to fight against the law
That wizardry's my trade and I was born to wade through gore
I just want to be a lover, not a red-eyed screaming ghoul
I wish it'd picked another to be it's killing tool