Author Topic: Shar-Bu  (Read 3396 times)

Offline Nejira

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Shar-Bu
« on: November 01, 2008, 03:52:59 AM »
Been looking through my few books, this board and Nomikos Library (which absolutely rocks!) but I cannot find any hard information abotu whom Shar-Bu was/is.

What I got so far:
A leader of sorts of the shards.
Schrek?s new bodyguard.
I am guessing a shard as well.

Anyone got anymore?? Terry maybe?
"I'd Rather Be a Rising Ape Than a Fallen Angel"

Offline kmanktelow

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Shar-Bu
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 05:20:25 AM »
Hi, Nejira,

Shar bu is the High Lord of all of the I-Lat Norg.

A Lat comprises five lesser Shards led by a Greater Shard. Which is the basically encountered 'group'. (I've had a group of Shards terrorising my players- and even had them at the point that they'd go on the defensive if they heard the tree's rustling for no apparent reason.) ;)

A group of 'related' Shards form an I-Lat and there are a total of six I-Lats, Dir, Samli, Viour, Thanor, Ubenmas and Aarn Voru, and each I-Lat has a single Lord- one of the I-Lat Norg; Shar-Ti, Quorn-Tas, Shar-Lac, Orlak-Shar, N'Koru and Leste Kii Lormas respectively.

Shar Bu stands above the I-Lat Norg- essentially he's the ultimate Shard. My players might have been able to handle one of the the I'Lat Norg- if they hadn't been too busy gibbering and panicking whenever I mentioned 'rustling sounds in the trees'.  :cry1:

Shar Bu on the other hand would have wiped the floor with them, in a couple of rounds.

The information's in the Master Atlases.

Hope this helps.

All the Best,

Kevin.

Offline Nejira

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 06:54:36 AM »
Ah, thanks Kevin. So what you are saying is that Schrek has gotten himself a [censored] good bodyguard ;D
"I'd Rather Be a Rising Ape Than a Fallen Angel"

Offline kmanktelow

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 06:57:23 PM »
Hi, Nejira,

Yep! Shar-Bu makes Kevin Costner look like a wimp!

His 'smile' coupled with his deadly 'following' discs, makes him pretty much unstoppable on the battlefield- as the quote says:

"Shar-Bu threw discs of untold natures, resided in high spires, seemed impervious to flame and foil, and killed with a smile; and in the last I should be taken quite literally."

All the Best,

Kevin.

Offline Guillaume

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Kulthean Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 10:20:26 AM »
Everything you wanted to know about Shards ( and more ) can be found :

In SWMA4, P191-194
In SWMA3, P98-101
In SWMA2, P63-65
In AA, P34-36
in SWMA1, IG, PG39-41

There's also reference to them in Jaiman, Emer and Iron Wind
and a paragraph header/teaser hidden somewhere, but I'm too lazy to hunt down these references.

Note : in the reference above, the content is not always the same in some case there's specific details ( AA : Lord Shards ).
514 to see, 416 to lock, 614 to shot...Target downed...Ask the marines to pick up the pieces.

RM, RM2, RMSS, RMFRP, HARP,  MERP, Cyberspace, SM, SM2, SM:P, Star Strike, Armored Assault, SD , SD : The Next Millenium, Bladestorm, Battle of the Five Armies .... Collecting ICE production since the epoch...

Offline metallion

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Winterdream Online
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 10:20:41 PM »
Schreck's bodyguard is good, Jenkyna's is better.

The geometry of Shards suggests that Shar Bu isn't the ultimate, indeed it suggests that there's no such thing as an ultimate shard.  Six lesser support One greater, Six greater support one Norg, Six Norg support Shar Bu.  Kadaena did it once, but if she did it five more times she'd have six of Shar Bu's stature -- and one even more powerful than Shar Bu.  Ad infinitum.

Offline Vince

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 09:44:05 AM »
Schreck's bodyguard is good, Jenkyna's is better.

Yes, the drone seems unstoppable. High defense, high multiple attacks by round, inmune to magic controls because it's not a living being. I really believe is worse than a Black Reaver. At least you can flee with Black Reavers....

Maybe Andraax has one...?...

Order of the Iron Crown

(RM2+ Shadow World+ GM)

Offline Guillaume

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Kulthean Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 10:44:44 AM »
It's stoppable... Beta Drone anybody ?  ;D
514 to see, 416 to lock, 614 to shot...Target downed...Ask the marines to pick up the pieces.

RM, RM2, RMSS, RMFRP, HARP,  MERP, Cyberspace, SM, SM2, SM:P, Star Strike, Armored Assault, SD , SD : The Next Millenium, Bladestorm, Battle of the Five Armies .... Collecting ICE production since the epoch...

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 12:11:25 PM »
High level Solid Destruction True spell and the drone is dust.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline Elrik

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 02:02:06 PM »
You could have your Thief and Fighter act out a humours play distracting the drone, in hopes that the sorcerer can get close enough to cast the spell, and not be turned into a red vapour.
I'm told it's my duty to fight against the law
That wizardry's my trade and I was born to wade through gore
I just want to be a lover, not a red-eyed screaming ghoul
I wish it'd picked another to be it's killing tool