Author Topic: New SW Master Atlas & updated SW supplements ???  (Read 3260 times)

Offline Wōdwulf Seaxaning

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • HellSide Oso Myspace Page
New SW Master Atlas & updated SW supplements ???
« on: October 30, 2008, 01:39:17 PM »
Since I'm not sure how many copies of the current SWMA are still instock. Any idea if a new edition , maybe one that includes some of the cool bits past editions being updated & published in the near future ?

Since there are only two print supplements for SW currently. Don't people think it's about time for another update for SW ? I do . Since I don't have a computer currently it makes buying PDFs versions not worth it for me . I'd love to see printed updated versions of the core regional supplements like the Emer & Jaiman books .Most of them were published in the early '90s. I'd also like to see a print version of SW: Xa-ar .ICE needs to support SW more .
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• GCP
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: New SW Master Atlas & updated SW supplements ???
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 05:15:39 AM »
Although we will be releasing an OGL edition of SWMA, we don't have current plans for another Rolemaster edition of the SWMA - we'd much rather (and I think Terry would much rather) be producing new stuff such as the Shadow World Player's Guide and Emer III, and of course Terry's adventure contributions to The Guild Adventurer.

In terms of a print version of Xa-ar, we've agreement in principle to have it printed through ICE, but there are a handful of practical issues that ICE need to sort out at their end.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 12:26:57 PM »
Cool..I understand. Just was curious . So an OGL based SW master atlas is in the works ? Cool I could use that for C&C =P Will it be reprinted material or updated material or a mix of both ? Is it going to be a print product or PDF or both ?
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax

• GCP
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 07:13:58 AM »
Cool..I understand. Just was curious . So an OGL based SW master atlas is in the works ? Cool I could use that for C&C =P Will it be reprinted material or updated material or a mix of both ? Is it going to be a print product or PDF or both ?

It is effectively a hybrid 3rd/4th edition SWMA with all the Rolemaster mechanics replaced with d20 3.x mechanics.

Initially pdf with the probability of a print edition produced via ICE's printing facilities and purchasable direct from ICE/guild store on ICE.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 03:02:07 PM »
Sweet .. any idea of when this project will be available ? Keep us updated on it's progress.
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 11:35:44 AM »
*Bump*

Is there a developer's blog for this project that I could check out time to time to check it's progress ? <champs at bit waiting for more info> LOL . I can't wait.
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax

• GCP
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 02:38:41 PM »
*Bump*

Is there a developer's blog for this project that I could check out time to time to check it's progress ? <champs at bit waiting for more info> LOL . I can't wait.

It's written (and has been for too long). Terry is doing the layout on it personally now. I report on such matters in Guild Companion editorials when there's news to report.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 04:14:13 PM »
Nicholas,

Thanx for the update. Another fine reason for me to read GA more often & more thoroughly.
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax