Author Topic: Things Players shouldn't Say...  (Read 4900 times)

Offline Elrik

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Things Players shouldn't Say...
« on: October 12, 2008, 01:52:36 AM »
My 13 year old, playing a Erlin/Dyar, turns to a Myri and says .... "I'm Huge in the Yinka lands."

I'm told it's my duty to fight against the law
That wizardry's my trade and I was born to wade through gore
I just want to be a lover, not a red-eyed screaming ghoul
I wish it'd picked another to be it's killing tool

Offline munchy

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Munch Companion
Re: Things Players shouldn't Say...
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 03:14:37 AM »
 ;D
Rather interesting start into negotiations with the Myri. How did this end? Was he given time to explain himself or was he just rammed into the ground where he stood.
Get Real, Get Rolemaster!
Be Sharp, Play HARP!

Offline thrud

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 04:02:40 AM »
I always thought the one thing you never want to hear is "ooups".

Offline TomOBedlam

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 11:29:32 AM »
I always thought the one thing you never want to hear is "ooups".

"Oops" is one of the worst four-letter words in Murlogi. (Goblin for you non murlogi lovers. Murlogi, at least the way we play them are inventors. They are more enthustiactic than safe)
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him."

Offline Guillaume

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Kulthean Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 01:57:36 PM »
Let see...

We fooling around somewhere in Jaiman... The group is made up of :
a Half Troll Fighter
a Gethryn Archmage
a Gethryn Chaotic Lord
an Half-Elemental High-Elementalist
a Zori Mentalist
a K'Ta'Viiri Mentalist/telepath ( who said the group was low powered ? )
a Transhuman XII Armsman ( again who said the group was low powered ? )
And several NPCs.... ( a moon mage, another K'ta'Viiri with split personality neurosis, and several others )

We try to sneak around some patrols... and well, we have to hide in a hurry...

Everybody hides up to what it can... some better than other,  most of the group manage to hide in bush, trees and so on, but the half troll just pick up a bush and unroot it to put it in front of him.

Eventually the patrol manage to find a half troll standing with a bush in his hand, saying I'm hidden, you can't see me... that's when things start to become funny...
When asked what he is doing here alone he answer : But I'm not alone, we are 13... and then he looks around trying to find the others...

The Patrol didn't leave the area until they were sure they had everybody accounted for. That is 13 people... luckily for us, the half troll missed his count... we were 14 at that time.

514 to see, 416 to lock, 614 to shot...Target downed...Ask the marines to pick up the pieces.

RM, RM2, RMSS, RMFRP, HARP,  MERP, Cyberspace, SM, SM2, SM:P, Star Strike, Armored Assault, SD , SD : The Next Millenium, Bladestorm, Battle of the Five Armies .... Collecting ICE production since the epoch...

Offline munchy

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Munch Companion
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 02:29:47 PM »
Guillaume were you the one with that hunting party that landed their spaceship on Middle-Earth to hunt for some Hobbit trophies? :)
The incident sounds quite like "The Hobbit". Nice one.
Get Real, Get Rolemaster!
Be Sharp, Play HARP!

Offline Elrik

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 08:58:09 PM »
munchy: The Myri smirked, as he understood what the Elf meant. Although the elf is a fair bit more aggressive then the myri, I played the Myri with a darker sense of humour, they hit it off and became (sort of) buddies. The party left Tanara with another (nastier) party on their heels, also looking for the Ice Sword. They had a nasty fight in the tunnels, even caused some major damage. Those wacky Sorcerers and their sense of destruction.

Hey Guillaume, what do you throw parties like that at and vice versa? And let me say, that half Trolls are MAGNIFICENT to play!

Tom, I thought Opps and Haha where the same word, it was just the context used that defined the intent.

Murlogi says : "Opps they got away!" gets beaten
Murlogi says : "Haha they got away!" licks lips

Or

Murlogi says : "Opphs they got away!" gets beaten
Murlogi says : "Opphs they got away!" licks lips

(sorry that is really horrible)

Offline Guillaume

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Kulthean Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 11:56:29 AM »
Guillaume were you the one with that hunting party that landed their spaceship on Middle-Earth to hunt for some Hobbit trophies? :)
The incident sounds quite like "The Hobbit". Nice one.

No, but I know people that actually did it... playing Space Opera... Landing in ME with PAPA and kicking the hell out of everybody...
And yes, they were hunting for hobbit heads and pointy ears...  ;D

Me on the other side, an evening with too much alcohol, I just picked up a nice ship I made in Spacemaster and crashed it on ME... where the local players ended up dungeon crawling through it... So I can partially plead guilty for weird stuff that happened in Middle Earth.

514 to see, 416 to lock, 614 to shot...Target downed...Ask the marines to pick up the pieces.

RM, RM2, RMSS, RMFRP, HARP,  MERP, Cyberspace, SM, SM2, SM:P, Star Strike, Armored Assault, SD , SD : The Next Millenium, Bladestorm, Battle of the Five Armies .... Collecting ICE production since the epoch...

Offline Guillaume

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Kulthean Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 12:06:21 PM »
Hey Guillaume, what do you throw parties like that at and vice versa? And let me say, that half Trolls are MAGNIFICENT to play!

I wasn't throwing... I was thrown.  ;D At Sulthon, to steal the Sea Drake Crown...
I was the 14th, the one they didn't find and the Half-Troll forgot about...  ;D

Half Trolls are great to play, until they try to hide behind me... ( Ok, there was several reasons why he did that  ;) )

Offline Elrik

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 06:44:31 PM »
I played a half troll/Half Loar elf, strangely intelligent, darkly beautify (and horrible), yet driven by a desire to eat and destroy. It was one of the darkest games I have ever played. Currently the character is commanding a lugroki tribe, and doing breeding experiments. His Lugroki are stronger, tougher and even smarter. Fighter (14)/ Warrior monk (10)...

He has plans to destroy the Jaiman kingdoms, eat Lorgalis, crush all religions that don't worship him. Then, when there are only monsters left and the humans are food, he will rule the Lands.

His favourite lines "You look tasty, surrender and I promise to eat you quickly.", "If I eat you, I don't have to listen to you.", as he draws his massive sword "Thanks for coming out, I was getting board with killing your Knights."

I miss those games!

Offline Elton Robb

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Master of Atlantis
    • The Atlantis Blog
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 07:22:29 PM »
Sounds like something fun to run.
Personal Web Portfolio:
http://eltonatlantean.wix.com/portfolio
Deviant Art: http://atlantean6.deviantart.com/
Renderosity: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=561541

Offline Elrik

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 03:32:34 PM »
My party has been informed that the Messengers of Dansart are really some aggressive nomads that wear funky helms and weapons.

My youngest player picks a fight with one and in moments the party tears the Dansart messengers apart. Tell me that isn't a Crap Storm heading their way!

The Players Comment: "I didn't like the way you looked at me, you might wanna take it back."

All the Owls got away.

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 08:23:45 AM »
Things you never want to hear a player say: (Unless you're the GM)

1)  How bad could it possibly be?

2)  I wonder what this does?

3)  She doesn't look so tough to me.

4)  "You're ugly and your momma dresses you funny."
"Cthulhu is the bacon of gaming." -John Kovalic, author of "Dork Tower"

Offline Elrik

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2008, 08:38:05 AM »
She doesn't look so tough to me.

15th level Female Shay Warrior Monk... HAHAHAHAHA. It was a bad day for the vanilla party.

That is always a good one!

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2008, 10:24:26 AM »
While playing a Kender (converted to RM) Druid.....

The most feared comment around the gaming table is when I uttered the simple phrase:

"Oops"

Offline Cloven-Fruit-Games

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 11:39:04 AM »
"I rolled a 1...."

Offline Elrik

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 12:03:11 PM »
In the vain of Rasyr and Cloven-fruit-games...

"Opps... so before we get into this. Do you guys like those characters. I know they are 24th level and all. Seriously, do you want to try again?"
My hand is still covering the roll.

Those where dark days...

LOL

Offline Guillaume

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Kulthean Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2008, 12:18:22 PM »
While playing a Kender [...]

[snip]

"Oops"

You too ?  ;D

The obvious answer ( it happened with me as ( one of ) the Kender(s) in a group with 2 ( two ) Kenders... ) is from the rest of the group : where is the Kender( in my case where are the kenders ) every 5 minutes... 

note : if you forget to ask where the Kender is for more than 5 minutes, you will hear sooner or later a oops coming from somewhere...

Who said Kender on a Leash ?  ;D

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2008, 12:52:11 PM »
9 times out 10, when I said "oops", it was usually a combat fumble, and it usually meant (through actual rolls!!!) that nearest friend got hit instead -- almost every single time....

It got so bad, that if I said "oops", every character in the party would immediately throw themselves on the ground, regardless of whether or not they were in melee with somebody else... As that was often safer than them getting hit...

My kender never really wandered off.... He would take everybody with him.. Actual conversation (paraphrased) --> "Follow me!" "Why did it take us 2 hours to travel 500 yards?" "Scenic route!"

GM would randomly roll to see if anybody a person was missing an item when they went looking for it. My guy usually had it. And he always "just found it" and was ALWAYS telling the truth (drove them nuts until they realized that Lie Detection would not work in those circumstances as he believed that he just found it).

No fear -- taunt the evil doers! (making sure the big meat shields (i.e. Fighters) was between us first though) -- no fear does NOT mean stupid.... ;D

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2008, 01:18:19 PM »
(deep into a 16 hour gaming session, circa 1987, having had many battles in the foul halls of a deep dungeon...)

"Geez, I still have my stoneskin!  I have not been hit yet!"

GM sent 79 points of damage Gwens way the next round, with survival resting on a climb walls roll to hold onto the ceiling after Zugtamoy smashed her into it...repeatedly (had 6 HP left, fall would have killed me).
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.