Author Topic: Library Books  (Read 4487 times)

Offline Elrik

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Library Books
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2008, 01:08:15 PM »
Shatter the Mountain to find the Sun
By Master Delkar Lightway, TEI 4052
A small book by the prolific master. This is full of warrior poetry, prayers and philosophy. There are 10 poems, half dozen prayers to Cay, and 8 logic puzzles.

A Spray of Blood
By Master Delkar Lightway, TEI 4053
Another short novel by the Master. This story is a mystery tail full of combat, high ideals and low morals. Weak and with shallow characters, this book would have been a better war manual then personal attempt at a story.

Masters in Plain View
By Master Delkar Lightway, TEI 4055
12 ancient masters are researched and explored. The book can be brutaly honest, admitting faults and failings of the masters. Their contributions are well documented with often personal details that have lead to a Masters downfall is explained as well as possible. Although in the beginning the masters are on the chopping block, the book tries it's best to offer new insight to the great beings that pushed armed and unarmed combat to a new level. Book is damning and often insightful. He also offers examples. Please note that all of these masters died centuries before Master Lightway wrote this book.
I'm told it's my duty to fight against the law
That wizardry's my trade and I was born to wade through gore
I just want to be a lover, not a red-eyed screaming ghoul
I wish it'd picked another to be it's killing tool

Offline Walt

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2008, 07:14:47 AM »
Burning Truth
Last words of the Bastard of Lankor, dying at the catacombs of Ur, recorded by his squire Maron Blueshirt SE 4980
"I tell you the true story of the burning Gryphon, the proudest house of the six kingdoms, even in his death hissing unbending his life force into the face of his enviers - the so called faithful Loremasters"
Loras Gyphon, the so called "Bastard of Lankor", died because of a strange illness at the footsteps of the Catacombs of Ur, trying to retrieve the Gryphon Sword. He orderd his Squire to record and publicate his last words about the fall of Zor.

In this little booklet it?s is described how, after the change of rule from the former Lankor to the Zaon family, the ominous Andraax abeted the ruling family to delve deeper and deeper into forbidden secrets of the first era, resulting finally in the discovery of an orb of power. Further it?s mentioned that an evoy of Logarlis the White came in the last days of the Kingdom of Zor to court, requesting the orb of power and warning of any action towards this artifact. The Bastard of Lankor also decribes how Temeris, with order of the Loremasters, fled the city after stealing the Gryphon pendant and the crown. The Bastard of Lankor points out, that the undoing of the mighty Kingdom of Zor was the planing of the Loremasters and together with the Kingdom of Rhakhaan, jealous and greedy for the growing might and power of Zor after refusing the rules of the Loremasters.

Further History:
It?s not certain if their still is a full copy of this old scroll. Squire Maron Blueshirt fulfilled the last order of his dead Lord, trying to spread the truth in the Kingdom of Rhakhaan. He was fastly arrested and sentenced to death because of high treason. But not after first telling the truth story of the fall of the Kingdom of Zor to all willing to listen.
And even in the late Third Era there enough who see the apparent truth: the Rhakhaan Ph?nix crown, placed by the Loremasters, an Empire rising out of the cold ashes of once mighty Zor!

Offline Elrik

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2008, 11:09:38 AM »
The Promise of Footing
By Master Delkar Lightway, TEI 4053
The great master explores the importants of Footing, rooting and the misnomer that acrobatics in combat are beneficial. This system works with an organic flowing compass that identifies the foe as the compass points, that you respond in relation to their attack. Although this seems like counter productive in combat, it in truth lets you quickly take control in a much less creative way and focus on your training an not slipshod counters and uncertain actions.

The Focus of this Book

• Footing: Without footing, Power has no start.
  • Rooting: Knowing when to stand your ground.
  • Advanced Rooting: Countering Locks, Holds, leaps and jumping attacks
  • The Compass Points, Fluid Motion and Action in counter to multiple attackers
  • Advanced Compass points: Becoming Direction
  • The Next Step: The Evolution of Blind Combat

The Master had a disdain for the trend of combat that encouraged ariel, acrobatic and tumbling combat.
Ariel Combat is a Grapplers delight: Once in the air or a ground based spin, you give up all power, control and mobility. Although a striking form may face some serious difficulties with these forms, a Grappling form would thrive and obliterate the foe. 

• Motion is not Power, but Power can come with Motion.
  • Fundamentals of Countering the Flying grouse
  • When and where to wear armour.
  • Motion in Armour: When Protection and Evasion become one.

Note: This may be a bit to ?Elrik's Home Rules? for this list.
I'm told it's my duty to fight against the law
That wizardry's my trade and I was born to wade through gore
I just want to be a lover, not a red-eyed screaming ghoul
I wish it'd picked another to be it's killing tool

Offline Maldraedior

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2009, 10:14:46 AM »
Ok, couldn't resist posting this one. We kinda "invented" it as the book you find if there really isn't anything interesting in a book collection, and some silly PC insists on getting all the titles.  :D

From Ore to Morningstar
Author unknown. Many different versions exist from both SE and TE.
Content: A tedious description of the process of turning iron ore into a nice, plain morningstar.

Largest version of the book found so far is 27 volumes. Only difference between the single volume and the multiple volume editions are that the process is described in even more boring details.