Author Topic: Making a map of Cynar  (Read 4208 times)

Offline GM

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Nerdcon
Making a map of Cynar
« on: February 19, 2008, 04:50:03 AM »
Hi
I'm about to beging making a map of Cynar city, but before I start, I would love to see any existing maps of the city if such a thing exits, and if anyone knows any detalis of the city that must be included.
Things like: Royal Palace, Arcnaus -Institute of ?ssence understanding, The great sea dragon fountain, gardens of lady Myrra, Temple of Cay, Nea's tear (a great lighthouse) and stuff like that!

If theres anything mentioned in the "canon" writings of TKA I would especially like to know about it of course. And if there's some places you made up in a campaign that worked great, please tell me and I'll add them to the map of the city.

"It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain. If we are wise, what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world, because we learn that we can no longer afford the mistakes of the past."

G'Kar - Babylon 5

Offline Walt

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Making a map of Cynar
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 05:24:14 AM »
Only out of interest: why don?t you use the existing map of Cynar?

Offline GM

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Nerdcon
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 05:58:36 AM »
I couldn't find it? :)

Where should I look?
"It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain. If we are wise, what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world, because we learn that we can no longer afford the mistakes of the past."

G'Kar - Babylon 5

Offline Walt

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 06:15:24 AM »
Look under:

http://www.flashingblade.net/rolemaster/campaign/u-lyshak_zoom_cynar.htm

Descreptions you find in Jonas Jaiman Source Web.

Could you use the stuff I send you?

Cheers

Offline GM

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Nerdcon
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 07:58:11 AM »
Look under:
http://www.flashingblade.net/rolemaster/campaign/u-lyshak_zoom_cynar.htm
Descreptions you find in Jonas Jaiman Source Web.

Hey, I have never seen that map before.. :) I think i'll put my efforts another place then. This map looks cool :)
What city needs a good map then?

Could you use the stuff I send you?
It looks very promising, and looks like a very through work. As I told earlier, my german is a "bit" rusty. But it will be verey interresting and i'm looking forward to reading it and en the process refreshing my germanic language skills :)

Thanks Walter

G'Kar - Babylon 5

Offline Walt

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 08:37:28 AM »
Hi GM,

the map is pretty cool, isn?t it? (Thanks too whoever did it!!)

If you like to work together in developing some stuff I would suggest to focus on the old part of U-Lyshak. There are far to many white spots in my opinion.
I?m tyring at the moment to work on the Helysian Nobility and political system and the familiy tree of Ianis.
Another city which woul need to be developed is Vorn. Jonas Ceder did some nice work on Vornia, but also there are enough places to develop.

Offline GM

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Nerdcon
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 12:28:01 PM »
Hey Walt

Yes U-Lyshak IMO is a bit of a mess, in the module "The Watchtowers of U-Lyshak" there is a map of U-Lyshak (on page:4) But where is Vorn supposed to be? And Vornia as such? And what are new cities/towns Chayren, Velenna, Celebi and Getesh like?

In my campaign the Lord Boashkar of Vorn is mentioned often, but I have always been very vague about his whereabouts because I had no idea where he actually wold reside, hoping the players wouldn't decide to visit him so I would have to decide on a location  :D

G'Kar - Babylon 5

Offline Walt

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 02:35:44 AM »
Chayren is in my version the capitol city of the Shire Felz. The relatively spoken small Shire of Felz is located as some kind of puffer between the barony of Vorn and the Kingdom of Helyssa. It is in alliance with the Kingdom of Helyssa, Helyssa protecting the Shire against the aggression of Baron Boshkar for some few hundred years.
In our game Baron Boshkar started his campaign at the moment, late spring 6050 TE, occupying the Shire of Felz (and another one nearby, the Shire of Porket). The ambassadors of Felz and Porket were in preparation for the assault of Lord Boshkar formally requesting military aid from Helyssa in spring 6050 TE. This was refused through the Council of Cynar (to a big extent indirectly under the influence of the Priest of Yarth) with regards to the missing authority created through the absence of Kier and in consequence an rightful decision maker. A mayer part in this scheme did play Thev O Erlin Ni, who influnced the Council of Cynar under the mask of Minalon of Cynar, royal advisor.
The assault of Baron Boshkar (which in my campaign has got no ties at all to the Priest of Yarth. In fact, the Priest of Yarth are banned in his territory because Boshkar is a strong believer in the old goods of Orhan) was a great gift for the Priest of Yarth. Because Helyssa was not capable of acting, so there was to agree on one new ruler for Helyssa - the High Priest of Yarthraak.

There are some other schemes going on, but at least this one is nowaday unraveld by my players - how, unknowingly, played all the time in the hands of the Priest of Yarths