Author Topic: A High level plot idea for Emer in Shadow World  (Read 3560 times)

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
A High level plot idea for Emer in Shadow World
« on: February 06, 2008, 01:12:03 AM »
A description of the Voerken Mire from Emer 2:

The Mire is an unrelieved swamp of stagnant water
overshadowed by a thick roof of ancient trees and vines.
Everywhere is the stench of rot and foul gases; clouds of
insects swarm in the oppressively hot and humid air.

How about sticking AD&D's "Return to the Tomb of Horrors" campaign into the middle of the Voerken Mire?  It concerns a cult of evil necromancers studying the works of a powerful lich (who is making a bid for godhood, btw).  The description of the murky old swamp they live in is a perfect match for the Voerken Mire.

It may not be very original, but it would be hella funny to see the player's reactions when they meet up with Acererak.  :o
"Cthulhu is the bacon of gaming." -John Kovalic, author of "Dork Tower"

Offline Guillaume

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Kulthean Fanatic
Re: A High level plot idea for Emer in Shadow World
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 02:35:07 AM »
For me the description fits more with Pax Tarkas ( spelling ? ) the fallen city in DL1 ( if you want to go the ADD way ) Where the heroes of the lance meet a dragon for the first time and discover the Disks of Mishakal.

I'd put Tomb of Horror in the City of the Dead, it's so more fitting, a tomb in a ruined city that date from way way way back. :D
514 to see, 416 to lock, 614 to shot...Target downed...Ask the marines to pick up the pieces.

RM, RM2, RMSS, RMFRP, HARP,  MERP, Cyberspace, SM, SM2, SM:P, Star Strike, Armored Assault, SD , SD : The Next Millenium, Bladestorm, Battle of the Five Armies .... Collecting ICE production since the epoch...

Offline Mider

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: A High level plot idea for Emer in Shadow World
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 06:17:08 AM »
In my campaign, I used the Mire as a breeding ground for undead that the lich to the north had sent his captains down to get recuits for his forces.  They encountered another lich that had taken up residence there and left in a hurry without to much exploring.  Correctly me if I am wrong but the Mire is from a very long time ago, something like the end of the second age or the beginning of the next, like 6,000 to 3,000 years old, think of the cities of Egypt or Greece and they have only been deserted for 2,000 years.