Author Topic: Xa-ar  (Read 18040 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• GCP
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: Xa-ar
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2008, 12:22:59 PM »
Yippeeee! 1st of June!
1st of June!
1st of June! Almost done?
 :)

Nearly. I've seen the first draft of the covers and sent them back to Terry for minor corrections. I'm hoping to see the entire book in final layout very soon. Then I'll have to hunt for any residual errors that escaped Terry. As soon as I'm happy that it's as clean as can be, we'll hit the go button.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Witchking20k

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2008, 04:12:11 PM »
LOL
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2008, 11:22:59 AM »
It's heeeere!  ;D

http://guild.ironcrown.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=120&products_id=503
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Vince

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2008, 06:42:16 PM »
Downloading...

thank you for your work (Terry & Guild Companion staff) that gives us hours of fun

V.

Order of the Iron Crown

(RM2+ Shadow World+ GM)

Offline Moloch

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Tocardo Connardo Inside
    • Aventures en Tanara
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2008, 03:46:28 AM »
Downloading my copy rigth now !

Good Work Terry !
I am the one you warned me of.

Offline mathhatt

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2008, 08:53:17 AM »
Downloading... this is a great day !  :)
"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was, is lost, for none now live who remember it."
-- Galadriel, The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring. --

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2008, 03:24:23 PM »
If my glasses hadn't broken the other day, i would have the money to enjoy the fruit of your labor.  I guess I will have to contain my glee until the first of the month.  (All I can say is, I am glad I learned touch typing. I am really nearsighted.) :cool:
"Cthulhu is the bacon of gaming." -John Kovalic, author of "Dork Tower"

Offline Alarian

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2008, 09:58:34 PM »
Already downloaded my copy.   :D

Quick question.  Are there any plans for a printed version of this?  I REALLY prefer printed to pdf.  I purchased the pdf to support anything Shadow World but would like to purchase it again in print format.

If not, anyone know of a place that would do a good job of creating a printed version of it for me?

Alarian

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2008, 04:11:50 AM »
I printed my version out myself, then took it to Staples to get it bound.
I made some things! Azukail Games

• GCP
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2008, 06:09:27 AM »
Already downloaded my copy.   :D

Quick question.  Are there any plans for a printed version of this?  I REALLY prefer printed to pdf.  I purchased the pdf to support anything Shadow World but would like to purchase it again in print format.

Terry designed the main book with printing in mind. We would hope to be able to offer through ICE's printing facilities printed copies. However, we need to discuss the specifics of that with ICE.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Alarian

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2008, 10:44:08 AM »
Glad to hear there is at least a chance of getting a printed version.  I love to hold stuff like this in my hands!

I do have a fairly high quality color lazer printer that I could print this out myself, but since it only prints to 8 1/2 x 11 paper it's not the same as a truely professionally bound book. 

I guess for the time being, I could print it out myself and take it into the local print shop and have it bound. 

Thanks for the advice and the update.

Alarian

P.S. Although I don't post here much (at all), I've been a HUGE fan of Shadow World since day one and own every single SW product ever released.  My campaign has been set there since the day it was released.  Even when the group decided they wanted to try out the Wilderlands of High Fantasy campaign setting, I placed that into the Shadow World Setting as Well! 

Offline Alexander

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2008, 12:10:28 PM »
Downloaded!!!!  Excellent Work!!!   ;D

Offline vroomfogle

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2008, 04:15:34 PM »
Just downloaded it and it looks great.  It's a change from previous works in that the majority of it is adventures and I think that's a great addition.  I'm about to start a campaign and would normally set it in Emer but I think I'm moving to Jaiman now and running some of these adventures!

I'll be going through the timeline and adding the new entries to Nomikos by the end of the month.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2008, 05:41:11 PM »
Thanks all. And if you get a few minutes after you have digested it, please write a review--even if it's a few lines--at the Guild Companion Store, and/or RPG now or Drive-thru

Thanks!
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2008, 02:36:23 AM »
I'm still digesting it, but one thing I can't quite figure out yet:

Who are the Lotana? It says they migrated to Jaiman from Mulira, but I can't find any mention of 'Lotana' in Jaimain: Land of Twilight or even in the Master Atlas (not even in the section on Mulira). Are they new, or do they usually go by a different name?

Thanks!
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2008, 07:43:36 AM »
I'm still digesting it, but one thing I can't quite figure out yet:

Who are the Lotana? It says they migrated to Jaiman from Mulira, but I can't find any mention of 'Lotana' in Jaimain: Land of Twilight or even in the Master Atlas (not even in the section on Mulira). Are they new, or do they usually go by a different name?

Thanks!

Hurin,

The Lotana are more a culture or even a tribe than a race; their race is Y'nar. Their population was small enough that they didn't rate mention in Jaiman, which was more of an overview. The Lotana came from the T'sai Steppe region of Mulira, where many different Y'nari tribes lived.

Hope that helps!

Terry
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2008, 12:18:40 PM »
Great, that helps a lot Terry! Thanks very much.

--Hurin
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline grendal72

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2008, 12:23:38 AM »
My first post - I picked up Xa-ar a couple days ago and from what I've read it's typical Amthor greatness.  While I was buying, I finally picked up Adventurer #2 and the City of Arch module.  I have sated my Shadow World needs for a while (probably two weeks).  Terry - I hope I don't have to wait 5+ years for the next module...  Nudge-nudge...  Uh, please.  :)

• GCP
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2008, 10:08:19 AM »
Thanks all. And if you get a few minutes after you have digested it, please write a review--even if it's a few lines--at the Guild Companion Store, and/or RPG now or Drive-thru

Thanks!

We really would appreciate reviews either on the Guild store, on RPGNow/DriveThru if you purchased it there, or on RPG.Net if you've got more to say.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline grendal72

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2008, 05:16:34 PM »
My review is in.