Author Topic: Creativity needed - Essaence Demons vs Unlife  (Read 1793 times)

Offline Walt

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Creativity needed - Essaence Demons vs Unlife
« on: July 15, 2015, 05:33:23 AM »
Hi there,

I need some creativity input. We are playing in a in realtime pretty old campaign and I lost the overview about the roots and concept of one character. Perhabs one of you comes up with a goog hint for me.

The basic idea of the character was an apprentice fire magician in Tanara who had to observe how his master was killed. And than the well know story of hate and revenge and so on. This was his 1th level start.  Nevertheless, he was unaware that his master was a demonologist and he was supposed to be demon fudder at the initation rite.

So nowadays we are speaking of a level 10+ fire magician who through the full story got some help in critical situation by this strong firedemon Avnas (http://www.fromoldbooks.org/Mathers-Goetia/pages/058-Seal-of-Amy/) The character tried to cross an Essaence flow, was nearly atomized by the strong energy, and escaped only by fully tapping into the power of Avnas, becoming in the process a servant of this demon.

Nevertheless I don´t want to lose this intersting PC in my campaign so I need a cover story to direct the Essaence demon Avnas vs some big Unlife player in Jaiman. For sire could be Logarlis an option, but that´s perhabs a little bit to straight forwarded.
Has somebody some input, idea for me? Thanks!

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Creativity needed - Essaence Demons vs Unlife
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 05:49:13 AM »
I am not an expert in SW material but in general could not other demons (major/minor) also be after/conspiring against Avnas? It is often said that it is easy to spot your enemies amongst your enemies but it is hard to spot a friend who is also an enemy. Or something like that. ;D
What about someone/some way to break the servant hood or the pact with the demon?
What about the PC becoming possessed by someone/something else so that entity is not in the pact with the demon? (maybe mini-campaign in which the now possessed magician gathers people to break his bonds)

MDC   
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 06:42:45 AM »
Just in case non-GM's are reading, I will post my ideas in a spoiler box.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Walt

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 04:12:09 AM »
I would like to share a brilliant idea of Voriig Kye:
(click to show/hide)

Offline metallion

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Winterdream Online
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 01:31:53 PM »
It's not hard to have demons oppose unlife.  Essence demons typically serve more powerful essence demons, until you're dealing with Singular demons.  When they serve someone who isn't an Essence demon, there's typically compulsory magic or some sort of alliance in play, and that goes for serving the Unlife as much as anyone else.