Author Topic: Spell users companion  (Read 1359 times)

Offline gandalf970

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Spell users companion
« on: May 08, 2014, 08:41:52 AM »
I was running through the internet and searching Amazon and I came upon this book.  I had totally never heard of it before and was intrigued.  I purchased the book to add to my collection and I must say it has been a fantastic read.  I loved the methodology of the magic system and a lot of the spell lists were very unique. 

The Prosaic magic is going to fit perfectly into my Talislanta Rolemaster campaign that I plan to start in the fall.  Rolemaster never ceases to amaze me.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
Re: Spell users companion
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 10:46:57 AM »
I've been developing some Prosaic spell lists for something I'm working on.
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline Marrethiel

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 02:46:13 AM »
SUC is a great book
I'm not sure if it is a house rule or RAW but we do prosaics at half cost and everyone can get to 50th, especially allows for high level NPC's like sailors etc..
My hard core power gaming Magus picked up a few of these recently to round out some utility spells... very cool.
Gatekeeper to the Under-Dark: "Why are you seeking passage?"
Kal-El pauses in thought (briefly contemplating how to manage the Never Lie and Always Deceive curses on him), "I came to conquer all know-able universes".
Gatekeeper: You may pass.
Gatekeeper: Who are you?
Kal El: A tourist

Offline BeggarKing (Thomas)

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +40/-40
    • Wandering Monster Studios
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 07:38:07 PM »
I remember there being a few good optional rules like expanded rules for magical languages, existing skills, and using alternates systems like spell books, memorization  and components.

There were a few great, inspiring lists (tricks of the trade), but I thought it was mostly just a slew of Arcane that made archmages ultimately versatile (perhaps too versatile). I also remember thinking it a little strange to have prosaic lists that went up to 50th level. Do we really need a 50th level Grooming Mastery spell? Actually, does anyone have an in-game example of a character using it Grooming Mastery in play? I'd love to hear that story...

Will have to dust it off and take another look at it.
Adventurer walks into a bar with Flint and Steel. Bartender says, "Don't start anything."