Author Topic: 2 player board game ideas wanted  (Read 3343 times)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: 2 player board game ideas wanted
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2014, 05:36:31 PM »
 The add-ons do have additional environments and heroes to play and should fit into the same box as you have bought. We have played with 9 people before and it is still a lot of fun.
 We also had some problems with the rules (which I forgot about) and used the website for answers, which as you found out can be very frustrating when it is an essential rule that you are missing or confused on.
To spice things up now with larger groups we have randomized it all so you pick randomly which hero, villain and environment you play it.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline BeggarKing (Thomas)

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +40/-40
    • Wandering Monster Studios
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2014, 09:19:26 AM »
Glad you enjoyed Sentinels - I'll often play it during a work lunchbreak with colleagues - its casual and usually quick to play if everyone is up on the rules.

I like that it has really great replay value -  you can run against easy or hard villains, some characters work really well together and others don't, and number of players can alter the strategy somewhat (playing with over 5 seems to skews the balance, but you could easily play 2 games of 4 each with the initial set of cards) Being coop its great for couples.

There is the occasionally card rule conflicts that is difficult to grep but beyond that really a quality card game.
Adventurer walks into a bar with Flint and Steel. Bartender says, "Don't start anything."

Offline BeggarKing (Thomas)

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +40/-40
    • Wandering Monster Studios
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2014, 07:25:35 PM »
Sentinels has a lot of expansions, but I got to try Vengeance this week and it was fairly cool - definitely well thought additions to the heroes and villains, and a new play mode where you battle a super villian team (there is essentially 1 villian for each player). Much fun, probably my favorite expansion in case you are interested

The team just wrapped up a kickstarter for a strategy board game version as well (the figures look especially nice).
Adventurer walks into a bar with Flint and Steel. Bartender says, "Don't start anything."

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2015, 10:28:03 PM »
Not to resurrect an old thread or anything, but I just received Sentinels myself (after putting it on my wish list due to this thread). Had friends over for the New Year and got to play it. We had one player who had played before, and we played two games with five players each time (with some players switching out between games). Second game, one new player said "let's go against the toughest villain" so we fought Citizen Dawn, on Mars (which turns out to be pretty brutal itself). There is a point where she becomes invulnerable until she has enough of her minions to rejoin the fight. We suffered through letting her build up her force while we did just enough damage to nearly finish off the minions, and just before that happened fire broke out doing just enough damage to kill them all... by the time we had let her build up her force long enough the second time we were sure we were done for. Lots of shifting odds back and forth and surprises. But eventually we pulled it out. Great game, highly recommended.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster