Author Topic: Rolemaster's Future  (Read 8656 times)

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Rolemaster's Future
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2011, 07:42:23 PM »
My favorite has to be the fumble result where your character trips over an invisible dead turtle.  Reading critical and fumble results is often everyone's favorite part of RM combat.
"Cthulhu is the bacon of gaming." -John Kovalic, author of "Dork Tower"

Offline lachancery

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2012, 10:31:31 AM »
The two most up to date versions currently are:

RMC, which is the most current iteration of RM2 (and which RMX is the "Lite" version of)

RMFRP, which is the most current iteration of RMSS.

Both are for sale at the store (click "Shop ICE" in the top left of the page menu) in PDF form.
Hi Marc,

There are products listed on the ICE web site for both RMC and RMFRP that I can't find in the online store:

The RMC Combat Companion
and
The Rolemaster Fantasy Weapons

Are these available for purchase somewhere else?

Offline Fenrhyl Wulfson

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2012, 12:01:24 PM »
The first was full of ideas that unfortunately turned out to be, in my opinion, poorly balanced.

The second is just more charts. Vivent les charts !

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2012, 12:16:14 PM »

RMC, which is the most current iteration of RM2 (and which RMX is the "Lite" version of)

Both are for sale at the store (click "Shop ICE" in the top left of the page menu) in PDF form.
Hi Marc,

There are products listed on the ICE web site for both RMC and RMFRP that I can't find in the online store:

The RMC Combat Companion
and

Some products are in the Que for re-branding now that the company has changed hands (it is not as easy as it sounds do to some problems with the files of various products) other products are stuck in limbo do to IP rights. You might want to send an email to Nicholas HM Caldwell and ask about the products in your question.

But from my memory I think that that CC was one that was in limbo but I could be wrong. I do not remember anything about the R FW product being mentioned in anything I have read.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2012, 11:51:00 AM »

Hi Marc,

The RMC Combat Companion
and

The RMC Combat Companion is in limbo due to IP issues on the artwork (the artists were not paid by Mjolnir). Paying off the artists will cost more than Combat Companion will probably ever sell in a reasonable time frame. Replacing the art will still cost money, involve significant layout time, and probably still won't hit break even in a reasonable time frame. And that's before any considerations about any rules issues. Hence Combat Companion is in the limbo zone and will probably remain there.

Found a pdf of the Fantasy Weapons product (by Terry Amthor). This one just got missed off my list. I'll ask Terry nicely if he'll tweak the legalese on this and we'll put it back on sale.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline bpowell

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2012, 12:48:41 AM »

The RMC Combat Companion is in limbo due to IP issues on the artwork (the artists were not paid by Mjolnir). Paying off the artists will cost more than Combat Companion will probably ever sell in a reasonable time frame. Replacing the art will still cost money, involve significant layout time, and probably still won't hit break even in a reasonable time frame. And that's before any considerations about any rules issues. Hence Combat Companion is in the limbo zone and will probably remain there.

Found a pdf of the Fantasy Weapons product (by Terry Amthor). This one just got missed off my list. I'll ask Terry nicely if he'll tweak the legalese on this and we'll put it back on sale.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

I am sorry to hear that the Combat Companion is in Limbo.  I was actually looking forward to the release.  Darn, I REALLY need to hit the Power Ball.  Would be so cool to just write a check to solve this issue.

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2012, 11:39:45 AM »
I found the "romemaster" amusing, but it may be creating confusion with the RM Rome product, so I fixed it.
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2012, 01:53:36 PM »

Best wishes,
Nicholas

I've performed a modest rebranding on this one myself and it will be back on sale on the 27th February.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Moriarty

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #48 on: February 29, 2012, 04:18:31 AM »

Best wishes,
Nicholas

I've performed a modest rebranding on this one myself and it will be back on sale on the 27th February.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Isn't that the "new" condensed weapon table format, though?
I would personally be interested in an original RM weapons table format version of this product.
...the way average posters like Moriarty read it.

Warden

« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2012, 12:12:04 PM »
I just dl'd Harp Fantasy and it looks good, but there's not enough spells in there for me.

Is there a magic supplement coming out, also, is there a new RM product being worked on for future release?

Thanks

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2012, 05:53:38 PM »
I just dl'd Harp Fantasy and it looks good, but there's not enough spells in there for me.

Is there a magic supplement coming out, also, is there a new RM product being worked on for future release?

Thanks

There is a new RM product called Rolemaster Unified that will be in beta testing soon.

Also HARP does have a Magic Supplement called College of Magic that I think is in re-tuning at the moment and should have a new version out soon.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Warden

« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2012, 01:56:07 AM »
Thanks for the info

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2012, 01:07:44 PM »

Thanks

There is a magic supplement for HARP called College of Magics and I spent my weekend finishing the changes to it to bring it into line with HARP Fantasy. It brings over a hundred more spells to the game - 4 more professions, extra spells for existing professions, cantrips and High Magic (ley lines and earthnodes).

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell