Author Topic: Thoughts on Spell Lists for Divine Followers  (Read 1261 times)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Thoughts on Spell Lists for Divine Followers
« on: August 27, 2011, 11:31:07 PM »
  I am seriously thinking of allowing PC's and NPC's to gain access to spell lists for worshiping divine beings. This would cross realm boundries so worshiping the Divinity of Battle (based on Athena so Tactics as well as Battlefield Healing) to gain access to the Battlefield Healing spell list from the RMSS CC. Now there will also be some flaws to go with it as well as oaths etc.
 Thoughts?
MDC   
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Athelstaine

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Thoughts on Spell Lists for Divine Followers
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 09:57:01 AM »
I assume you mean players and npc's other than clerics and etc.? I would say go for it, as long as they do not go against the tenets of her religion. I would definately put some restrictions as in the flaws you mentioned to counter act any possible exploits [intentional or un-intentional].
May i serve in Valhalla, better than i did in life.

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Thoughts on Spell Lists for Divine Followers
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 10:42:51 AM »
I use low level spells for low level dedication. If you just want 1st or 2nd lvl spells, you don't have to abide by as many restrictions of the faith.
I think of it more as a Vow of service taken for the major Power.
A minor dedication grants minor abilities. If you act grossly out of accordance with the faith, the spell list can be denied. But it's more lenient.

With Clerics/Priests/Rangers, it is a Vow but also a full Devotion to the Power. Full Devotion would allow much higher lvl spells, but also have many more restrictions and terms of service.

And then there are Pacts, Covenants, etc..  :)
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"