Author Topic: Social Class!!!  (Read 5003 times)

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Social Class!!!
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2009, 08:58:21 PM »
I am pretty-sure that at the high levels of skill development (past 20 ranks) you only get a +1 per rank*. So no +5 per level. This is the same as for RMSS/FRP.

Which means you can continue to increase the bonus but not discustingly so. I do believe that the returns should diminish, but not completely go away. One thing I really like about RM is the unlimited levels (in theory). Games that say "this is the best you can ever hope for" come across to me as artificailly limited.

* Isn't it: Ranks 1-10 (+5/Rank), Ranks 11-20 (+2/Rank), Ranks 21+ (+1/Rank)?
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline Temujin

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2009, 01:34:01 AM »
I am saying that I like a more finite set of numbers to work with. In RMSS if you have 30 ranks in a combined skill or 30 ranks in a category and 30 ranks in the skill, you will have a bonus of 95+Stats+Profession [max 20 I believe] + magic item+ magic. So lets say around 130+ is about the max OB or skill total.

+ Talents.  And I think 130 as max OB is quite a conservative estimate.  A fighter with 96 Ag and St (Quite conservative, having a 98+ in your prime stats isn't outlandish) +4 from Racial bonus to the stats for a total of +28 stat bonus to the skill, 30 ranks to category and skill (95), +20 from Profession and no talents or equipment has 143.  With a martial oriented talent and a decent weapon, that can be brought up to 170-180 without stretching too much, but that's a high level fighter.  *After that*, it gets hard to raise.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2009, 03:16:25 AM »
Temujin;
 I agree with your numbers as I have changed most of the talents to be less powerful.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.