Author Topic: Where do i begin  (Read 12328 times)

mcfion

Re: Where do i begin
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2007, 03:34:18 PM »
Good idea warl... i will do that =)

About Mungo considerations: There are any official statements that RMC will substitute RMFRP? this really has some weight in my considerations...

The bad news is that my advisor put some dates in my millestones, and right now i am hanged in work =/
So maybe it will take some time for me to prepare any game... (he he he but i will have a master degree next year on Education and my topic is RPG =P, so it is worth off)

Abou the braziliam Publishers, i will do what i can to get the information with my contacts =P... But who is this Bruce and how i contact him?

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2007, 03:40:53 PM »
Bruce is the CEO of ICE, he's around here from time to time.

If you hit "Staff List" second item from the right on the top navigation bar below the black banner, you can see him, and all the other folks that "work" around here.
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com

Offline Cormac Doyle

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • RMC Team
    • The Aecyr Grene Campaign Setting
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2007, 03:44:55 PM »
Strange, If that list was people who "worked" aroun d here, it should include a couple of extra names ...

Some day ...

:)

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2007, 06:05:48 PM »
Tag, I'm it!

lynn
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 02:40:52 PM by yammahoper »
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline vroomfogle

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2007, 08:21:43 PM »

If you hit "Staff List" second item from the right on the top navigation bar below the black banner, you can see him, and all the other folks that "work" around here.

LM, I can't figure out what you're talking about here.   The navigation bar at the top is Home-Help-Search-Profile-etc.   Don't see any Staff List, where is it at?

Offline Warl

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2007, 09:15:01 PM »
Removed text so as not to distract from the intent of the thread.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 02:24:04 PM by Warl »
D Puncture crit 100
Strike through foes brain makes liffe Difficult for foe!

http://www.dragonlords.tolmanbros.com/forum/

http://www.dinnertablecreations.tolmanbros.com/

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2007, 12:17:54 AM »
Vroom

My top bar reads:

"Home, Help, Search, Admin, Profile, My Messages, Calender, Members, Links, Staff List, Logout"

Perhaps I have more as I am a mod and didn't know it? Let me know, and I'll stop refering to buttons people can't see. (Or perhaps Tim will expose them if they should be seen and are invisible.)

**Begin pre-emptive Moderation**
A bit of lively snarkiness is not a problem, but don't let it get out of hand, these conversations rarely go anywhere helpful, one of the reasons I was pleased to show mcfion down to the SW area to find content answers beyond the whole "Which system" question. I'd suggest just dropping the whole "My system" conversation, but if you continue, do it in a civil manner and don't let it get out of hand.
**End moderation**
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 12:23:20 AM by LordMiller »
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2007, 03:42:14 AM »
In general I dislike destroying post, cuz DAMN, I like the sound of my own voice... ;)

lynn
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 02:43:00 PM by yammahoper »
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline Warl

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2007, 05:27:27 AM »
Removed text so as to illiminate a distraction from the thread.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 02:23:22 PM by Warl »
D Puncture crit 100
Strike through foes brain makes liffe Difficult for foe!

http://www.dragonlords.tolmanbros.com/forum/

http://www.dinnertablecreations.tolmanbros.com/

Offline Witchking20k

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2007, 06:20:20 AM »
mcfion

As a side note to my previous post regarding RMFRP etc..

How much time are you planning on commiting to playing?  It occurred to me after a day or so that I am currently preparing to run a RM2 weekend, although I usually run RMSS/RMFRP.  RMFRP is a bulkier system than RM2 or Classic ro whatever.  Mostly in Character Creation & Leveling up.  I much prefer it personally, but time is often precious and it could be a deciding factor....
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

mcfion

« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2007, 06:34:27 AM »
Guys.... you showed the options very well, so don't fight over it =)

And a sugestion: somebody could edit this topic into an text like "Some directions the RM system to you", it really would help beginer's like me =)

About time: my group play every friday night with two campaings intercalated (i'm a player on both campaings that are running). One of these campaings is near the end, so i will assume the GM position in the next game... I'm planning to run a long term campaing and now asked the rule advocate player of our table to read this topic and help me choose the RM system (and made it clearly to stay away frow any SW book he encounters =P)

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2007, 07:15:45 AM »

LM, I can't figure out what you're talking about here.   The navigation bar at the top is Home-Help-Search-Profile-etc.   Don't see any Staff List, where is it at?

That would be because I had not given everybody permission to actually see it yet. I have now.

Strange, If that list was people who "worked" aroun d here, it should include a couple of extra names ...

Some day ...

:)

Actually, it is the list of those who work the forums (Admins, Global Mods, and Local Mods).

« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 07:22:36 AM by Rasyr »

Offline Witchking20k

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2007, 07:30:21 AM »
Cool

I would use RMFRP then.  Its actually an easier system to use, but a little chunky for bang and flash adventuring.  The TPs make it easy to create a very wide range of characters, or similar characters (ie 2 fighters) with different skills.  As I metioned before, the commitment of time in Character Creation & Leveling up is the only drawback...but when you've had as many characters as I have die, creation gets easy... ???

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2007, 02:39:14 PM »
but when you've had as many characters as I have die, creation gets easy...

Now THAT'S the truth.

lynn

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2007, 02:57:27 PM »
Their is a Cuthlhu statment "Death is only the begining" and in most fantasy games it is a fact.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2007, 03:13:56 PM »
Or as a friend of mine said - another character with similar skills as the last.  Hence Fenlarion IV, the Incredibly Unlucky.

Sometimes Rolemaster seems more like a complicated skill based Paranoia game.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.    Buddha

Offline Witchking20k

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2007, 03:21:42 PM »
LOL

Yah, thats why when we first started playing some 12 years ago we used to consider ourselves a little sadistic....cuz we'd come to a session prepared to die.  The GM (me) would usually have a spare character or something available......a good way to get people to try some peripheral professions by the by...

Cheers
James

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2007, 05:57:28 PM »
Ah yes, my barbarian sidekick, Bimbo the Barbarian...II...III...IV...memories ;D

lynn

Offline Elton Robb

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Master of Atlantis
    • The Atlantis Blog
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2007, 12:45:42 AM »
Ah yes, my barbarian sidekick, Bimbo the Barbarian...II...III...IV...memories ;D

lynn

Bimbo the Barbarian?  What was she, someone who wore a buckskin bikini that showed an aweful lot of leg and strangely looked like Christy Brinkley?
:D

Lynn, you've just won your 16th Laugh Point.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 07:31:36 AM by Elton Robb »
Personal Web Portfolio:
http://eltonatlantean.wix.com/portfolio
Deviant Art: http://atlantean6.deviantart.com/
Renderosity: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=561541

Offline Witchking20k

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2007, 05:01:34 AM »
I had characters who adventured their whole lives looking for a woman like her ;)