Author Topic: Dwarven Home Surgery  (Read 993 times)

Offline Tbeartuff111

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Dwarven Home Surgery
« on: October 22, 2015, 06:10:24 AM »
Once, many years ago, my loyal band of roleplayers and myself were set upon by a cruel and unusual creature known only as "GM". This particular manifestation of GM was absolutely hung up on deity inspired quests in which almost any amount of free will was taken from us and we had to follow the "script" or our characters were punished. After suffering through 7 or 8 of them, we had had enough. As a group we spoke to the GM in question asking, pleading, begging him not to run this style of adventure again as it was sucking all the fun out of the game. So when the next was thrust upon us (transport a sacred Orb to an abandoned undead filled city) we chose not to participate, he said "Head north" so we went south, a booming voice commanded us to turn around we said "No." This spiteful GM then stated that the god whom had laid this quest upon us smote us with multiple lightning bolts, literally killing every member of the party, at which point the sacred Orb resurrected us, not knowing this was to occur the Dwarven Warrior of the group, who was to die in 12 rounds but didn't know it, decided to save my High Man Outrider by performing a tracheotomy! So he pulls out his trusty dagger, that 2 days before hand was used to gut a goblin, places it beside my throat, and proceeds to commit the surgery. At this point GM pipes up saying "Well you don't even have the First Aid skill, let alone Surgery, you are at a -45 to begin, and as you are not using the correct tools you incur an additional -15, bringing it to a total of -60." The Dwarf responded with well he's dead anyway", and continued... rolling high open-ended 3 times successfully completing the Surgery and saving the High Man from the collapsed trachea (he died 5 rounds later from the other 4 kill crits inflicted by the 12 lightning bolts that struck the party, but that was beside the point according to the Dwarf). The session ended with the Dwarf looking into the DP cost of getting the Second Aid and Surgery Skill...

Offline Arioch

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Blood & Souls for Arioch!
Re: Dwarven Home Surgery
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 07:06:07 AM »
Ahahah! Priceless!  ;D
I suppose a magician might, he admitted, but a gentleman never could.

Offline IronWolf

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Dwarven Home Surgery
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 12:24:08 AM »
Awesome