Author Topic: Rolemaster on Obsidian Portal  (Read 1622 times)

Offline BrianI

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Rolemaster on Obsidian Portal
« on: June 26, 2014, 05:59:34 AM »
Howdy All,

I was just plunking around on Obsidian Portal (where I maintain an account; I run enough campaigns and pick-ups that its a godsend), and noticed when filtering by system ...

133 campaign entries for Rolemaster (and another 5 for HARP, to mention). While no where near the highest, I thought it was a nice number, esp.

FYI. I'd post the link to the filtered results, but it's behind the https log-in.

Offline Defendi

• Final Redoubt
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
Re: Rolemaster on Obsidian Portal
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 11:56:35 AM »
I would be one of those.  :)  Just one at the moment.
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com

Offline Presidion11

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 08:36:26 PM »
Playing in one, running one. OP is a nice resource.
"You're down 18 points? Man it up!"

Offline Turbs

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 06:37:26 PM »
had a quick browse but without signing up its a bit confusing as to what this site actually does.
Is it simply a file management site with some forums thrown in?
The universe is hostile. So impersonal. Devour to survive; So it is; So it's always been.  ~Tool; Vicarious~

Offline BrianI

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 07:32:25 PM »
It's web-based campaign management. GMs can set up a website for their campaign(s) (each) - it provides basic pages, wiki, forum, character tracking and such. It's free for GMs (up to 2 campaigns, I think), and free for players to use. I have a paid membership, given the number of campaigns I have cooking at any given time.

Online jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 10:51:43 PM »
As a player, I like having a reference for things like setting information and house rules. And I am a somewhat extreme note-taker (it's funny what 23 years of school will do to you!), so I also like to put notes about what happened somewhere that the other players can read. (The notes can also be helpful for the GM.)

Obsidian Portal has pretty convenient tools for putting up session logs, adding comments, tags, etc. It also has forms pre-designed for many game systems. One of the games I play is up there (not RM), the RM game I play has a site on Google Sites which predates OP. That doesn't have the character forms or tagging, although it is pretty easy to add content.

I'm not sure if I'll set up something for the game I am running, it's really only useful if someone is going to put data in it. Depends what kind of players you have. I don't know that I want to take notes for the players, it's their job to keep track of the things they think they need to know...  For the setting and house rules, I gave them a book in PDF format. It's already a bit excessive.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 06:12:25 AM »
...For the setting and house rules, I gave them a book in PDF format. It's already a bit excessive.

I do the same thing, currently working on a new version (for a new old setting).

Offline Defendi

• Final Redoubt
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 11:44:33 AM »
I keep all my adventure notes in there, a wiki on the setting, and our adventure logs.
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com