Author Topic: Necromancy  (Read 1840 times)

Offline chris11th

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Necromancy
« on: February 23, 2011, 02:41:46 AM »
Hi mates,
i just want to ask for your help, 'cause i'm new with RMFPR (i usually play with the old 2nd edition) and a friend of mine decided to create an evil cleric.

The problem is how to use/handle the evil Channeling List NECROMANCY.

At 1 lv you can rezz a dead body (50% of your weight) as a rank I undead with -25MM and -20 OB and must stay focused on him. Assuming which the undead has 25 charge/15 weapon attack, it means that the ressed corpse has virtually no OB, right? Or else the caster's ressed body has a level equal of real body in life with -25/-20 reduction?

Other  problems here...

At lv 2 you can "control" an undead rank I. What can you do with that spell? Just take control of an undead ressed with another one spell w/out focus on him OR/AND take control of any kind of enemy undead (rank I)?
Moreover the spell says: "there is a 2% per class to resist". Can't you take control of just one class#1 undead??  :o
This 2% special resist must be rolled after the regular RR? Must be rolled every round?

Is it clear which a Necromancer must wait lv5 spell to really ress a body into an undead rank I with no limits. After that he must control it. Is it possible to use "Undead Mastery" with 5% risk and repeat the process until he reach the limit of  1 rank I undead per lv of the caster?

If there are also other house rules concerning raising undead i will be glad to use it.

Thank you very much for your help.

Chris

Offline Arioch

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Blood & Souls for Arioch!
Re: Necromancy
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 06:30:45 AM »
Welcome Chris.

1st question: the spell says that you should use the Created Undead (class 1, I think), but with a Move Rate of 25 and a total ob of -20, for the creature. So the animated body attacks are -20charge/-20weapon.

2nd question: yes, you use the spell to control class I undead. They may have been reanimated by you (using the 5th level Create Undead I spell) or be undead that you just happen to encounter in your adventures.
You can control only class I undead with this spell, but read the higher levels Control Undead spells: they say "as Control Undead I" spell, so the "2% per class" makes sense for those spells.  ;)
The special 2% chance is separated from RR and overrides it, even if the undead failed his RR it still has a chance to break free (we usually roll it before the RR, for simplicity). It's rolled just one time, when the spell is cast.

On Undead Mastery: yes, you can repeat the spell until you have your very own undead horde, the only limit is you level   :evil2:

And on necromancy house rules, check my custom necromancer profession on the guild companion: http://www.guildcompanion.com/scrolls/2006/sep/necromancer.html
I suppose a magician might, he admitted, but a gentleman never could.

Offline Skaran

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • World of Karnorthe
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 12:49:49 AM »
Just wondering how do you raise an undead army in your worlds?
And when one dreams dark dreams dark days shall follow

Offline Arioch

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 03:49:35 AM »
Magic Rituals, lots of standard "create undead" spells (casted by mini.. ehm, assistants), spell mastered "create undead" spells, custom spells...

Offline Skaran

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • World of Karnorthe
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 05:58:42 AM »
Ritual magic sounds good for this. What about 'recruiting' a litch as an ehm , assistant. Though what could you offer a litch? Vampires probably somewhat easier. supply them with ehm meals. But only expect them to work at night.

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 12:39:28 PM »
Twinned evil artifacts, a black cauldron that permanently animates any bodies you place in it for up to  Type III (one body type III, three bodies three type I, two bodies a Type I and a Type II), and a black iron torc that masters any undead created by the cauldron.

Or

Master a really nasty undead like a vampire or a lich, then have it rule the lesser undead using it's own abilities or raw physical threat.
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com

Offline Arioch

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 05:48:45 PM »
Master a really nasty undead like a vampire or a lich, then have it rule the lesser undead using it's own abilities or raw physical threat.

Or just become a really nasty undead, by ritual of black eternity...  ;D

Offline Skaran

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • World of Karnorthe
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 11:58:02 PM »
There is always that;)